Aconcagua Expedition: Arrive at Casa de PIedra

Posted by: Jake Beren | December 16, 2011
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Aconcagua

A very pleasant day of walking up the Vacas Valley put our team at Casa de Piedra, the last camp before basecamp.  The team is doing very well, enjoying the meditative beauty of this walk.  We had just enough cloud and wind to keep the heat at bay and still have a stunning first view of the mountain as we rolled into camp.  Tomorrow we’ll get closer still and say goodbye to our trusty mules and take the loads from then on.  But not without a rest day to set ourselves up for success.

Buenas noches,
RMI Guide Jake Beren

Sign Up For Aconcagua 2011 Email Alerts

Comments

Hi Katie and Adam, Happy Holidays!!!! I can’t imagine all the beauty and awsome sites your seeing. Hope all is going well, Stay safe and enjoy. :)

Posted by: Heidi on 12/26/2011 at 5:33 pm

Katie and Adam, that’s awesome.  16,000 ft. The highest I got was about 14,000, and only on a chairlift. Scenery must be fantastic.

Good luck and have a wonderful holiday.

Frank

Posted by: Frank Hui on 12/20/2011 at 1:28 pm

Adam, Katie and group: We are sending warm holiday wishes! We hope your climb is going well! Nicole and Sara

Posted by: Nicole and Sara on 12/20/2011 at 8:01 am

Hey guys.  Thinking of you.  Great.to see.your progress.  Can’t wait to hear all about.it.  be safe, have a great.time.  Dick and Brandie.

Posted by: Dick and Brandie on 12/17/2011 at 6:55 pm

It is a balmy -10 degrees here in Saskatchewan. Enjoy the sunshine Trev. The boys ask about you everyday. Jett wants you to video tape 10 hockey pep talks before your next climb. I tried my best. Go Team Aconcagua! Take care of my baby!

Posted by: L.D. Carani on 12/17/2011 at 3:53 pm

It is a balmy -10 degrees in Saskatchewan. I am LOVING it! Enjoy that sunshine Trev….boys ask about you everyday. Jett asked if you could video tape 10 of your prehockey pep talks before you go climbing again. Love you lots! Go team Aconcagua!....take care of my baby gang.

Posted by: L.D Carani on 12/17/2011 at 2:56 pm

Dear Kim/Convict,
We love you soooo much!! We all miss you very much and we think about your progress daily!! :) We hope you get your butt to the top.. I hope your burro, Mimi, isn’t giving you too much trouble! :)
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Posted by: Mimi & Eric on 12/17/2011 at 9:10 am

Kim, I climbed with your medal today and did some sick water ice 4 routes.  Josh loved his IB base layer.  Thanks again.  Miss you and how you keep climbing strong.

Posted by: Craig on 12/16/2011 at 8:31 pm