Aconcagua Expedition: Piedras Blancas Dispatch

Posted by: Jake Beren | December 26, 2011
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Aconcagua

Today we moved from Guanacos Camp to our high camp at Piedras Blancas on Aconcagua. The team moved quite well and we pulled into camp in the early afternoon with plenty of time to set up shop and have a siesta before an early dinner. The weather is the wild card here, if it is climbable tomorrow we will go for the top. If not, we are prepared to wait it out. Wish us luck.

P.S. A very happy birthday to il Padrino!

RMI Guide Jake Beren

Sign Up For Aconcagua 2011 Email Alerts

Comments

David G & team, Still watching, waiting and now really holding my breath!!! Good luck and be safe. Love you.

Posted by: Connie on 12/27/2011 at 5:38 am

Rich D.,
Hope the weather is good so you can get to the top—-and then get right back down and home to me!
XO
Christina

Posted by: Christina on 12/26/2011 at 9:16 pm

Rich F.  The Armchair Summiter’s Club is counting on you to carry the flag. Good Luck. Make us proud !

Posted by: ASC Trainer on 12/26/2011 at 8:18 pm

Team, I hope the weather is good for your summit push.  Kim, I’m so happy for you.  Good luck to you and the team.

Posted by: Craig on 12/26/2011 at 7:49 pm

Richard F. : take care good luck in the morning, or Wednesday, on getting to the summit.  Jason, Randy, Jim, Susie, Gloria, Lena and I are all sending you best wishes and tons of support. Much love and of course be safe, mom

Posted by: Linda Robertson on 12/26/2011 at 6:20 pm

¬°Buena suerte a todos! Hope the weather treats you well for summit day. Come home soon!

Posted by: Bridget on 12/26/2011 at 5:22 pm

Glad you are all safe and well enjoying the view. Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.

Posted by: Becky on 12/26/2011 at 4:27 pm

Such great news on making it to high camp today!  Congratulations to the team.  Great job.  I’ll be thinking positive weather thoughts and hoping you guys will be at the summit tomorrow or Wednesday.  Enjoy!
I miss you like crazy, Dave Gee.  Can’t wait to see you.  Be careful.

Love, Wendi