Mt. McKinley: Nugent & Team Carry to Windy Corner

Posted by: Billy Nugent | May 23, 2012

Woke up today to splitter (blue) skies and warm temps! The original forecast was for a snowstorm to hit the range sometime today but it didn’t appear that way to us this morning.  The incorrect forecast was great news for us and we were able to push a load of supplies up around Windy Corner this afternoon. The crew made it back down to camp at 11,000’ in time to soak up a bunch of afternoon sun. Needless to say our tans are coming along nicely with all of this good weather. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we plan on picking up camp and heading up to 14,000’.

The team is climbing great and in great spirits! Wish us luck on a big day tomorrow…

RMI Guide Billy Nugent

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2012 Email Alerts

Comments

Hey SENIOR! Haha good luck on the mountain must be freezing up there while its a horrible 100 degrees back in Tucson :b. Well I drove my bros to pinetop without crashing I think Im ready for my drivers test! Anyway God bless you SENIOR everyone misses you down almost 14,000 feet! From the JUNIOR

Posted by: Junior on 5/25/2012 at 6:31 pm

I love you so much, mom. I was crying about it five minutes ago. Maybe Im on a sugar high from mission carnival. Sherman

Posted by: Sheena on 5/25/2012 at 5:48 pm

Hey John,
Srdanovic’s are following you…checking in daily! Glad to hear about the great weather, your tan and quesadilla’s! Good luck to you and your team as you move forward!

Posted by: Dominique on 5/25/2012 at 12:53 pm

Anne Gilbert, We all miss you this weekend at the river but are sending our love and best wishes for a great climb.Be safe. Love you, mom,dad,march,sue,grey,ry,beth,reilly and lizzie

Posted by: chris chase on 5/25/2012 at 10:49 am

Mr Costello, still can’t believe you are there, fantastic, and I’m in the office haha! Great stuff following closely your progress.

Cheers
Mosley

Posted by: Stuart on 5/25/2012 at 10:08 am

Gilbert and Brandi,

Stay strong and keep pushing for the summit.  I hope the weather stays in your favor!

Brady

Posted by: Brady O'Mara on 5/25/2012 at 5:36 am

hi - bran
wow, 14,000 ft. so proud of u..
love mom and dad (((HUGS)))

Posted by: beverly bailey on 5/25/2012 at 4:48 am

Paul, training hard to one day be on a mountain with the love of my life.  I am crazy proud of you and look forward to your return. 143

Sherri

Posted by: Sherri on 5/24/2012 at 7:12 pm

We are so proud of you all - constantly talking about what it must be like on the mountain. Bailey saw a white SUV go by this morning and almost ripped my arm off… but she is good and a happy camper - taking her to beach tomorrow. Anyway - enjoy every moment!!! Record as much as you can with you GoPro babe. Love you and Brandie ...

Posted by: Peter, Sherman, Bailey on 5/24/2012 at 6:26 pm

Wiza, I love you and I’m sooo proud of you.  What an adventure you are on!  I’m currently spending my days bragging about my big sister to anyone who will listen.  Keep up the good work, and make sure to stop often and smell the roses.  Um, I mean, smell the ice?  Okay, forget the smelling part.  Enjoy the epic views!  XOXOXO, Emma

Posted by: Emily on 5/24/2012 at 6:16 pm

I guess pretty much everything up there is on asteroids :)
I am so excited for you - climb on!

Posted by: Verena on 5/24/2012 at 2:48 pm

don’t forget the sunscreen! the sun at 14K is like on asteroids.

Posted by: stephen manning on 5/24/2012 at 2:30 pm

Great news Anne Gilbert, glad to hear the weather stayed good. Wish you and all the team good luck tomorrow on your climb. Be safe and I miss you.
Mom

Posted by: Chris chase on 5/24/2012 at 11:55 am

Elizabeth and Team,  Windy Corner so exciting, my spirits are almost as high as yours after reading about your last 3 days. Good luck, so proud of all of you. Bailey is fine and has plenty of water occuring to Sheena :-). Love you my daughter, major hugs. MOM

Posted by: Maureen Bartron on 5/24/2012 at 11:18 am

Good luck team. Stay safe.

Posted by: chris on 5/24/2012 at 10:13 am

Away on a awesome climb and a great tan on top of it… bonus! ; )  Good luck tomorrow, miss you.  Kuessi

Chris

Posted by: chris on 5/24/2012 at 10:10 am

Great news, great news! Donny, sending positive thoughts for you and team. I am really curious about this tan you guys are getting haha. Boa sorte on the way to 14,000’ :)

Posted by: Tatiane Dias on 5/24/2012 at 9:24 am

fresh update from a few mins ago: as planned, the team carried some gear to the cache spot at 13.5 yesterday and are breaking camp as this moment to make their move to camp 4 today…the weather is cooperating so far, keep your fingers-crossed!

Posted by: Kristian on 5/24/2012 at 9:08 am