Mt. McKinley: Jones & Team Enjoyed a Rest Day

Posted by: Tyler Jones | June 02, 2012

Once we decided not to move for the day, the team slept late and gorged ourselves on a breakfast of toasted bagels with cream cheese and lockes. The rest of the morning was spent getting camp in order and digging out our walls.

Expedition life is a funny mixture of hard days of climbing and long days of sitting in the tents trying to avoid boredom. Today was the latter. We spent the afternoon avoiding the sun while we napped, read books and told stories. Being able to entertain yourself in the tent is a crucial skill on big expeditions.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we plan to make a push up towards the 11k camp for more acclimatization and rest before we push higher on this magical massif, Denali.

RMI Guide Tyler Jones

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2012 Email Alerts

Comments

Good luck guys. Hope you got lots of rest.

Posted by: Megan Berge on 6/5/2012 at 11:14 am

Chris and all the team….Happy trecking, and safe return . We are all thinking about your adventure and you.

Posted by: Voula Likourgiotis on 6/5/2012 at 10:58 am

Larry S. and Crew:
I sure am jeleous realizing you are trekking and I am writing this email at a desk. I can’t stop thinking about your great adventure and wishing I was with you.  Conserve your energy Larry ... old men like us need all we can muster!  Stay healthy, be safe and enjoy your wonderful climb.
Fred K

Posted by: Fred Klingbeil on 6/5/2012 at 7:35 am

Casey and company, it is going to close to 100 degree’s today.  Chief wants you to finish your compliance training, climbing a mountain is no excuse.  57B says good luck and enjoy.  I hope your day didn’t start out with a naked man running down Skillman.  C ya soon

Posted by: Danny Campbell on 6/5/2012 at 7:17 am

Tyler, Larry and the rest of the crew!
Miss being up there with you!  Good luck, climb hard and keep putting one foot in front of the other!
I’ll be watchin’ you boys!

Posted by: Doinidis on 6/4/2012 at 3:02 pm

Hope for good weather and great climbing as you move up

Posted by: Arthur G Leake on 6/4/2012 at 12:12 pm

Hope you guys had a good stop and got lots of rest!

Posted by: Megan Berge on 6/4/2012 at 9:16 am

I imagine the view is awesome.  Hope you all bond and
enjoy the wonder.  If I could send beef jerkey for Mike
Berge I would.

Posted by: PATTI BERGE on 6/4/2012 at 7:51 am

Casey and compadres…Godspeed!  The folks at home are all thinking about you.

Posted by: Lynne Leake on 6/3/2012 at 6:39 pm

Your team sounds terrifuc kristen. I follow every day.Trust you are enjoying each sight and sound. Love Grammy

Posted by: EileenPlunkett on 6/3/2012 at 2:11 pm