Mt Rainier: Expedition Skills Seminar Technical Training at Muir

Posted by: JJ Justman, Dan Windham, Alex Barber, Katie Bono | June 07, 2012
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

Today we are training at Camp Muir.  The weather is not cooperating with our training, but we are having fun teaching and using advanced techniques for our very advanced clientele. It is very winter like here at Camp Muir a lot of snow and a lot of wind.  Our last session will be navigation, and that will come in handy tomorrow getting down the Muir Snowfield.

JJ, Dan & the Expedition Team

Technical Training inside the hut at Camp Muir. Photo - JJ Justman

Comments

Guys had a great time, so much so I’m booking for Mexico.  I want to make sure JJ brings the fat finger ascender just for me…

Posted by: Louis on 6/11/2012 at 1:31 pm

We had a fantastic time learning mountaineering skills and hanging out in the hut at Camp Muir.  What a great group of clients and guides!  Thanks to JJ, Dan, Tim, Katey, and Alex for teaching us so much.  You took a newbie and got me well started on a great obsess,er,uh, hobby!  Thanks to Nick for suggesting the trip, and every body for keeping it fun.  I hope Zeek’s goose grows her feathers back in time for the next trip!

Posted by: Jim on 6/10/2012 at 2:18 pm

Guys, Was that awesome or what? Thank you so much Dan, JJ, Kate, Tim, Alex and everyone else at RMI. A trip to remember for sure. Mother nature had different plans for us. And thats ok. I would never have had the opp. or time to get to know everyone on the team if it were not for the time in the hut. And a GREAT team it was. Zeek don’t don’t forget to feed the goose. Love you all :)

Posted by: Frantz on 6/9/2012 at 6:32 am

To JJ and all the guides!  Thank you so much for providing a great adventure for my son Zachary!  He had a blast and now he has new skills to practice!  With all that said…I’m gonna try to get some sleep!!  LOL

Posted by: Vicki Horton on 6/8/2012 at 3:15 pm

Hi daddykinz I love and miss u<3:) good luck daddy and uncle frantz <333 love riley and char

Posted by: Charlotte on 6/7/2012 at 3:27 pm

I hope the weather breaks for you all. Good Luck Team!!

Posted by: Rob Carrizzo on 6/7/2012 at 10:42 am