Mt Rainier: August 14th Summit!

Posted by: Andres Marin, Brent Okita | August 14, 2012
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Four Day Summit Climbs August 11 - 14, 2012 reached the summit of Mt. Rainier this morning.  The teams reported a beautiful day with 25-30 mph winds and clear skies.  RMI Guides Brent Okita, Tim Hardin and Andres Marin started down from the crater rim with their teams around 7:30 a.m.  They will return to Camp Muir and then continue their descent to Paradise later this afternoon.

The Expedition Skills Seminar - Paradise crew moved to 9,000’ on Monday and set up camp where they will remain until Wednesday morning.  They watched a beautiful sunset last night.  Today the team practiced fixed line travel on a 60 degree slope and are currently hanging out in crevasses.

Congratulations to today’s Summit Climb teams!

The Expedition Skills Seminar - Paradise working on their crevasse rescue techniques.  Photo: Mike King Technical training day on the Paradise Glacier, Mt. Rainier.  Photo: Mike King

Comments

Great job Paradise crew! Danielle, I’m so proud of you (little sis). I hope the weather continues to be awesome for you all. Be safe and savor the scenery…God be with you all.

Posted by: Tisha on 8/16/2012 at 6:40 am

Good luck on your summit climb in the morning Paradise crew.
We hope for more great weather! God bless you and a safe return.
Love you Danni

Posted by: sam on 8/15/2012 at 6:16 pm

Congratulations Kristy; you are awesome!

Posted by: Catrina Bogh on 8/14/2012 at 5:22 pm

Kris - I am so proud of you for completing this journey you have been on for a very long time. I have been watching the Mt since I left the house this morning at 3:30 and thinking of you. Wore the necklace you gave me and kept holding onto it and saying “please lord keep my best friend safe and bring her home to us all”. I cant wait til we can go have dinner and a drink and hear all about it. Again I am so very proud of you, love you girl.

Posted by: Beth Sihto on 8/14/2012 at 4:34 pm

Yeah!  My sister made it to the top of Rainier.  Dad was sure with you today! I am very proud of you!  I knew you could do it.  Can’t wait to see the pictures and video and hear all about it.  I watched the mountain top all morning thinking about you and your climbing team!

Posted by: Shannon Stamp on 8/14/2012 at 3:08 pm

Yaaayyyyyy KRISTEN!!!! I KNEW you could do it!!!!
I have been waiting ALL DAY with baited breath just waiting to hear all about it my friend!!!!
I am sooo proud and soo happy for you…it brings tears to my eyes….love you!!!!!

Posted by: Wendy Holnagel on 8/14/2012 at 12:28 pm

Great job Dan and the whole team. Sounds like the weather was perfect. Congratulations.

Posted by: Jim Massie on 8/14/2012 at 7:18 am