Mt. Rainier: Muir Expedition Skills Seminar Summit!

Posted by: Mike Walter, Jake Beren | September 13, 2012
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Expedition Skills Seminar - Muir stood on top of Mt. Rainier today!  RMI Guide Jake Beren called in at noon to say they were starting their descent back to Camp Muir.  The team has been based out of the 10,000’ high camp all week learning many mountaineering skills to help them achieve their goal of reaching the Mt. Rainier summit.  They have also learned more advanced skills to go on to summit bigger peaks, such as Mt. McKinley in Alaska or Mt. Elbrus in Russia.  The seminar team will stay on the mountain tonight and descend to Paradise tomorrow.

Congratulations to the summit climbers!

Mt. Rainier Summit Crater.

Comments

Great job to all!!!!  Wally, ol’ pal, you simply amaze me.  Way to go!!!!!

Gratz

Posted by: Gratz on 9/14/2012 at 1:29 pm

wally,

you are amazing!!! i can’t wait to hear all about it.  onward and upward!

love, susie

Posted by: susan m miller on 9/14/2012 at 12:23 pm

Great job everyone. Excited and waiting to hear all of the details to follow. Take care of Padre Waltero.

Posted by: Steve Owen on 9/14/2012 at 10:54 am

I can’t wait to hear all about your incredible climb. You’re amazing!

Posted by: Rick Gordon on 9/13/2012 at 8:08 pm

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!  How exciting.  We are all so proud.  We love you!! xoxoxo

Posted by: debbi, RJ, Aaron on 9/13/2012 at 6:25 pm

Jeffery Dean Flatt –

Good luck and best wishes on your trip to the top of Mt. Rainier.  If anybody can do it…YOU CAN!!!!

Enjoy and be safe…because I need someone to help me with my seat belt! HA!!

Terry Joe Beyl

Posted by: Terry and Donna Beyl on 9/13/2012 at 5:36 pm

Jeff,
Jon, I , and the family are thinking of you and wishing you a successful climb. We are excited to hear about your adventure upon your return!  We will plan on getting together soon!  Oh, Jon birdied 18 today and said you owe him!!  ;)

LOL,
Donna and Jon

Posted by: Jon and Donna Curry on 9/13/2012 at 5:33 pm

Jeff -I just want to send a small piece of advice -“Don’t look down”. All kidding aside, I think it is remarkable what you have accomplished in your mountain climbing expeditions. Your family and friends are proud that you are making a commitment to train for future aid, that can save lives. I was impressed when you had the heavy backpack strapped on your back , and walked with the treadmill at a steep incline. I can’t imagine the real thing! Good luck, stay strong, and keep God by your side. See you soon Mountain Man!! Nanci Habermel

Posted by: Nanci Habermel on 9/13/2012 at 5:28 pm

Way to go Jeff and the entire team!!! Listen carefully . . . you will be able to hear all of our family and friends cheering for you. You finally conquered that #$%^*%$$ beast :) Enjoy THE VIEW and we can hardly wait to hear all about it. We love you!!!

Posted by: Sandy Flatt on 9/13/2012 at 5:05 pm

We are so proud of you!You are an inspiration!xxooxxoo

Posted by: mia mike sophie martinez on 9/13/2012 at 4:11 pm