Mt Rainier: Expedition Skills Seminar Update

Posted by: Adam Knoff, JJ Justman, Jason Thompson, Katie Bono | February 07, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

Today our winter team made it to 11,500 feet on Mt. Rainier! It was tough going at the end. We had thigh deep snow and we decided to make the safe decision to turn around.

The weather is beautiful but the conditions are tough. However, that didn’t stop the team from having a great day up high.

It’s a unique feeling being up here in the winter. We are all alone and we are enjoying Rainier’s pristine beauty that can only be enjoyed in winter.

RMI Guide Jason Thompson is now giving a lecture in snow science and avalanche awareness.

That’s all for now.

RMI Guide JJ Justman

The Expedition Skills Seminar training and climbing on Mt. Rainier.  Photo: JJ Justman The February 3rd team on Mt. Rainier.  Photo: JJ Justman

Comments

Awesome! HIGH FIVE, FRANK AND TIM!! I cannot wait to hear all of the stories. You guys look great out there. XOXOXOXO Jenna

Posted by: Jenna on 2/8/2013 at 12:37 pm

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Rock on guys!! **Dan- I can’t wait to see you again, I missed you so much! Hope you got some majestic pictures ready for me; I got beer ready for you <3 Stay safe out there.

Posted by: Roz on 2/7/2013 at 9:29 pm

Way to go, you guys! I hope you enjoy the training that remains! :) Be safe, be happy! See you soon.

Posted by: Tim's Little Woman on 2/7/2013 at 3:34 pm

Congrats Todd & Thom you guys did awesome. Maybe I will even go with you next time, but I seriously doubt it.  Now hurry back I have coronas on ice for you.

Dan

Posted by: Daniel Lunt on 2/7/2013 at 3:19 pm

***GOOD JOB YOU GUYS!!!!***~ Congrats to all!~ especially to my man~Frank!!! BABE~ YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!! i admire you tremendously!!!!:)so glad to hear you all are enjoying the beautiful snow!!it looks amazing!! truly!!! Frank:i miss you&wanna; hear your voice soon!!! Candi

Posted by: Candi K. on 2/7/2013 at 2:44 pm