Kilimanjaro: Grom & Team Begin with a Visit to a Local School

Posted by: Casey Grom | February 11, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Kilimanjaro

The team is all here and our adventure starts tomorrow!

Today we rested from the long flights and prepared our gear for the climb. We took a short ride into Arusha, did a little shopping and visited the school that Clement’s (our driver) children attend. Some of the team members brought gifts and candy that we handed out to the kids. Plenty of smiles there!

Everyone is doing well, a little nervous as usual! But ready to stretch the legs tomorrow.

RMI Guide Casey Grom and crew

The team meet at the beginning of their Kilimanjaro Climb. Photo: Casey Grom The team driving into Arusha. Photo: Casey Grom The team visiting a local school in Arusha. Photo: Casey Grom School children from an Arusha school. Photo: Casey Grom

Sign Up For Kilimanjaro 2013 Email Alerts

Comments

Hey, Holley!  You look awesome!  We miss you!  Have fun and come back safe and soon!

Posted by: Amy Craft on 2/13/2013 at 9:07 am

You all look fabulous and like pros!!!!  So glad your first day went well!!!!!  Love ya, Leslie

Posted by: Leslie DeCillis on 2/12/2013 at 8:36 pm

Barbara, you are amazing!!!  Karen has been telling me about your training regiment and it sounds like you are ready for the summit…you go girl!!

Pat and Bill (in Maine)

Posted by: Pat Carls on 2/12/2013 at 3:28 pm

Larry, looking great enjoy the climb!

Posted by: Paul on 2/12/2013 at 2:50 pm

Dear Barbara and Carmen have a wonderful experience.  I am so glad I know you two “Wild Women”  You look fabulous darlings!  Barbara N.

Posted by: Barbara Nesbitt on 2/12/2013 at 2:35 pm

Barbara, Carmen, and Bissell-You guys look marvelous, simply marvelous! I know the adventure will be fantastic. Safe climbing, Karen.

Posted by: Karen Hagood on 2/12/2013 at 2:22 pm

Hi Maria,  You look great can hardly wait to see pictures after a few days!  I hope you have your pee funnel.  I’m SO excited for you.  Have fun.  Karin partner in crime at Columbia Club

Posted by: Karin Party on 2/12/2013 at 11:45 am

Peter and Maria..so glad to see you there. Have a wonderful and adventurous climb. Can’t wait to follow you all.

Posted by: Peggy on 2/12/2013 at 10:39 am

Hi Holley! I see you. I’m so proud of you!

Posted by: Tonia on 2/12/2013 at 6:55 am

Hey Larry…Great pic…You havent changed a bit…Godspeed…Wish you a great experience…Hope you get to meet Godlisten…Waltero

Posted by: waltero glover on 2/12/2013 at 6:46 am