Everest Base Camp Trek: Tucker & Team Enjoying the Many Sights of Namche

Posted by: Mark Tucker | March 24, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest BC Trek

What a great day in and around Namche Bazaar!  Views outside of our hotel show the surrounding peaks rising about 20,000 feet.  We are all fully energized with these spectacular views and went to one of the bakeries and coffee shops to start our morning.

Namche has many shops we can meander through during our rest day.  The team and I spent some time perusing through but remembering to not overload our packs on the way to Base Camp.  Try and buy it on the way out is my recommendation.

We will continue to enjoy the clear views of all the mountains today and the perfect weather. I know we are in for another beautiful day for the climb to Deboche tomorrow.

RMI Guide Mark Tucker

Spectacular views from Namche Bazaar. Photo: Mark Tucker Clear view of the surrounding peaks today. Photo: Mark Tucker Bakery for some morning delights. Photo: Mark Tucker Shopping in Namche Bazaar. Photo: Mark Tucker

Sign Up For Everest BC Trek 2013 Email Alerts

Comments

Susan & Bill—I’m “watching” you guys and vicariously enjoying your Great trip! You look Terrific - like you belong there!!  Sally

Posted by: Sally U on 3/25/2013 at 2:44 pm

Wonderful looking sweets Peter and Gerry - hope you stayed away from them and are managing to continue exercising… :-) you are both missed - be safe!

Posted by: Laurel Neil on 3/25/2013 at 8:02 am

Missy and Allie, I love seeing these pictures and having an opportunity to be on this trip with you vicariously! Warmly, Terrie

Posted by: Terrie Scheckelhoff on 3/25/2013 at 5:47 am

Elsie, Missy and Allie,  looks beautiful in the Khumba—know you will love the monastery!  Glad you restrained yourselves from shopping—there is also a cute little shop outside the bakery in Debouche.  We are enjoying a snow day from School and thinking of you.  Take care.  Xoxo. Renee

Posted by: Renee on 3/25/2013 at 4:59 am

Hey Bill & Sue -

Wow. We’ve been following you on your incredible adventure. Can’t wait to hear your stories when you return. Stay strong, be safe and have fun!

love,
Gerry & Sharon

Posted by: Gerry & Sharon on 3/24/2013 at 6:11 pm

L & P-
Namache looks spectacular!!  We are excited for your hike up to Deboche, tomorrow!
Suck it all in!! This is fantastic!!  D is having the bestest time with the pics!  GO!
Love M & G

Posted by: Gretchen & Mike on 3/24/2013 at 4:36 pm

Following your exciting journey every day.Mark, you are doing an excellent job keeping us informed. My love to Bill and Sue, and Peter and Gerry, and the rest of the crew. I’m impressed with the brilliant colors in some of the towns.

Posted by: Dee Brown on 3/24/2013 at 3:32 pm

Elsie, you look so happy! Just wanted to let you know that I am reading and keeping up. It is snowing big time here - a virtual winter wonderland. I sat next to Rocket at the Symphony concert on Thursday. There was a lot of percussion, so I hope he liked it ;). You all be safe and I will keep up with the blog. It looks like a picture out of a novel! Hugs- Mary

Posted by: mary tryer on 3/24/2013 at 1:59 pm

The pictures look awesome! what an amazing experience!! Go elsie!! We are all wishing you the best! Bea and Jack

Posted by: Bea Cope on 3/24/2013 at 1:16 pm

Bill/ Sue Hill
  What fun it is to follow on the blog, wish you the best. Good luck, enjoy
  Love, The Ks Sherlocks