Everest Base Camp Trek: Tucker & Team Arrive in Base Camp!

Posted by: Mark Tucker | March 31, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest BC Trek

Mark Tucker from Everest Base Camp. We hiked most of the day under fabulous conditions and arrived for lunch by our favorite cook, Kumar.  Lots to see here at Base Camp, we did some exploring.  Dinner went well, Kumar cooked us a cake.  He can bake us a cake because he actually has a small oven up here.  Very comfortable, I’m so spoiled.  Pretty white on the ground at this point.  Hopefully it’s just an evening flurry and we’ll wake up to some blue skies.  We have a good hike tomorrow.  We’re going to head back down to Pheriche.  That is our target for our hike.  All is well up here at Base Camp.

RMI Guide Mark Tucker

Walking through moraine near Everest Base Camp. Photo: RMI Collection Evening light in RMI Base Camp. Photo: Jake Norton

Sign Up For Everest BC Trek 2013 Email Alerts

Comments

Nice going big brother!  Of course you made it.
Love you much.  Enjoy some well earned down time with Sue and everyone in the Maldives.
Linny

Posted by: Linda Hill-Lindsay on 4/2/2013 at 9:46 am

Congratulations to all of you! What an amazing accomplishment. I can only image how blessed and beautiful you must have felt to see all those amazing sights.

Posted by: Lara on 4/1/2013 at 8:31 am

Way to go Bill.  Congratulation to all that took on the task, trained, and kept the faith to go for it.  You are all very special!  Here’s to celebratory cake!

Posted by: Brenda Barnard on 4/1/2013 at 6:58 am

Wishing for blue skies for you all tomorrow!

Mike

Posted by: Mike M on 4/1/2013 at 4:51 am

Congratulations on making it to Base Camp.  Wish I could have a piece of Kumar’s cake.  I just checked your spot tracker and I don’t see Pheriche…I guess I will have to look at your earlier posts.  I hope everyone is feeling better.

Posted by: Lynn Via on 3/31/2013 at 11:06 pm