Mt. McKinley: Van Deventer & Team Summit!

Posted by: Pete Van Deventer, Geoff Schellens, Robby Young | July 06, 2013

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 1:39 a.m. PST
Hi all. This is Pete, Geoff, Robby and team from Mt. McKinley.  We are happy to report that we stood on top of North America today!  Had our weather window show up and went for it. The whole team stood on top.  It was a little bit blustery, but everybody did a great job.  We were on top about 6:30 this evening.  Now we are all back at 17K Camp safe and sound enjoying a Ramen dinner and getting ready to sack out before we start looking at moving down the mountain tomorrow. So hope everybody is well and glad to be able to give good news. Will talk later, bye.

RMI Guide Pete Van Deventer

An RMI team descending from the summit. Photo: Seth Waterfall

RMI Guide Pete Van Deventer calls in after summit success!

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2013 Email Alerts

Comments

Derek, Congrats on your climb! I’m in North Pole AK and have been looking at the mountain from the fire. ICP is at elem. school stop by if possible.
Stay Safe,
Kim

Posted by: Kim Lemke on 7/10/2013 at 1:20 pm

Way to go!!! Can’t wait to hear the tales, Wy.  What an awesome accomplishment.  It’s almost like being able to say, “I walked on the moon!” :)  Love you!

Posted by: Donna Evenson on 7/7/2013 at 8:01 pm

Congrats Gail! You are such a rock star! Aloha

Posted by: Amanda on 7/7/2013 at 9:34 am

Peter and Team-

Congratulations guys!!!!  WATCH YOUR STEP COMING DOWN.

I arrived in Moscow yesterday with Casey Grom and team.  Tomorrow morning we fly to the Elbrus area.

-Larry Seaton

Posted by: Larry Seaton on 7/6/2013 at 8:52 pm

Yay! I’m so happy for all of you!  Derek, I love you and I miss you.  Buzz, buzz from Buddy and squeak, squeak from Phil.  I guess what we’re trying to say is keep workin’ the good juju and come home safe. :)

“Medusa”

P.S. Betsy and John from the Minnow have been keeping you in their thoughts and sending their best, too.

Posted by: Leah on 7/6/2013 at 6:02 pm

Aloha Gail,
Congratulations, you are one tough lady. All of Kihei
Charter School send their aloha.
See you soon
Aloha
Gene and Cheryl

Posted by: Gene and Cheryl on 7/6/2013 at 3:49 pm

HOORAY!
CONGRATS GUAPOI!
Stephanie was in Boulder at RMI and saw that you summited !!! I have been checking every hour,but Steph beat me to it!
CALL us as soon as you can!
XXOO
So proud of you!
Guapa and Maya

Posted by: marion and maya on 7/6/2013 at 2:32 pm

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Michael and Team!

Posted by: Krishna on 7/6/2013 at 1:06 pm

Derek:  Congratulations to you and the team!! Awesome accomplishment, we are so proud of you. Can’t wait to finally hear all about the expedition firsthand.  Stay strong and be safe on your descent (listen to your Aunt Rita).  We are so happy for you!  Love Mom & Pops

Posted by: Mike Sokoloski on 7/6/2013 at 12:21 pm

TOM FABBRI

Congratulations!  It has been wild following your efforts and I am proud to know that you had the opportunity to summit and did, congratulations again!  Can’t wait to catch up!

Cheers

Posted by: Milo on 7/6/2013 at 9:18 am

Tommy, congratulations again!!!! Champagne and chocolate cake for you when you get home! Enjoy your victory, and be safe coming down! I love you!!!!!
Rhonda

Posted by: Rhonda Kitchen on 7/6/2013 at 9:05 am

Wyatt,
Oh my goodness! Congratulations to you and your team! I am so happy and exited for you! And so very proud of you! You made it to the top of North America! Woohoo! I love you and can’t wait to see you when you get home!
Xoxoxo Lindsey.

Posted by: Lindsey Porter on 7/6/2013 at 8:52 am

Yea!  I’ve checked the site about 5 times already today waiting for the news.  Congratulations to Michael and the team. Mom & Dad

Posted by: Sara Doherty on 7/6/2013 at 8:51 am

Woot Woot, congratulations to you and the team! We can’t wait to see you Wyatt! Can’t wait to hear all about it!  Love you! Mom and Dad

Posted by: Marian Evenson on 7/6/2013 at 8:44 am

Linz
Way to go girl!  The air is going to seem a little thick at 11000 in Montana.  Maybe you can glissade down???  Be safe.  Call after you get a shower and a beer.  See you soon.  Pop
What a thrill!! Can’t wait to hear all about it ! Love, Mom

Posted by: Les Zimmerman on 7/6/2013 at 8:31 am

Congratulations to the whole team!  Now, Derek, get off of that mountain!!!!!
Love, Aunt Rita

Posted by: Rita DeCamp on 7/6/2013 at 8:30 am

Hi Tommy! Best news ever! Words can’t describe my excitement for you! You are blessed, we are blessed! The next best thing will be to hear your voice! You are my rock and my strength! Thank you for taking me on this journey with you and for the amazing journey we will be on for rest of our lives! I am more proud than words can say! I love you!
Rhonda

Posted by: Rhonda Kitchen on 7/6/2013 at 7:24 am

Congratulations Robby and Team.  Keep living your dreams my friend.  We look forward to seeing you in Park City when you get back.

Posted by: Kyle on 7/6/2013 at 7:21 am

Gail.  I’m so proud of you and the amazing woman you have became. Can’t wait to hear all about your climb.  Congratulations to you and the team.    Love mom

Posted by: Gloria on 7/6/2013 at 7:14 am