Mt. Rainier: Teams on the Summit August 13!

Posted by: Casey Grom, Garrett Stevens | August 13, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Expedition Skills Seminar – Emmons led by RMI Guide Garrett Stevens called from Columbia Crest at 6:56 am, the team arrived at the summit around 6:30 am PT.  Garret reported clear skies with a marine layer below at 5,000’, moderate winds and cold temperatures on the Emmons route. The team will return to their high camp for a final night on the mountain.

RMI Guide Casey Grom
& the Four Day Summit Climb approached the crater rim of Mt. Rainier shortly before 7 am.  Casey reported 100% of the team members would be reaching the summit.  He also reported winds from the west and good route conditions.

Congratulations to today summit climbers!

Five Day Summit Climb guides give a geology/glaciology lesson at Ingraham Flats today.  Photo: Katrina Bloemsma

Comments

It was all because of our incredible guides Casey, Nick and Nick. They took really good care of me, supported me all the way. Email me and well talk further.what an adventure! Thanks to the whole incredible team for making my 50th birthday my summit day!

Posted by: Amy Daniels on 8/14/2013 at 7:34 am

Congrats Amy and Marc!  We don’t know each other but my husband Richard and myself are just waiting for next Aug dates to sign up!  I’d love to hear about your guys journey!  Hope to hear from you when the dust settles.
Again, CONGRATS!

Posted by: Beth on 8/13/2013 at 10:21 pm

Hooray for Amy & Marc & congrats to all the team…can’t wait to hear all about it.

Posted by: Mom on 8/13/2013 at 2:23 pm

Congrats Marc and Amy! So proud of you and your entire team! What a huge accomplishment! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Posted by: Kathy on 8/13/2013 at 2:12 pm

Congrats Amy and Marc!  Can’t wait to hear about your adventure.

Posted by: Rich on 8/13/2013 at 10:09 am

Congrats to the whole team. What a great experience!
Great job, Jake. I’m sure all that training paid off.

Posted by: Grandpa Nick Wander on 8/13/2013 at 10:03 am

Congratulations to Jake, Jake, Nick, and the rest of the team! That is quite an accomplishment. Can,t wait to hear the details of your trip when you get home.

Posted by: Al Wander` on 8/13/2013 at 7:21 am