Aconcagua: Beren & Team Recap Summit Day

Posted by: Jake Beren, Mike King, Steve Gately | January 05, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Aconcagua

Lying in the tent, legs sore but oddly relaxed, it seems hard to believe that we climbed Aconcagua today. This morning we launched before dawn, making our way higher and higher into the troposphere as the rising sun cast a shadow of our mountain deep into the Andes. Everyone on the team got a chance to test their limits today and I’m proud of everyone’s effort. It takes a few weeks to get to where you can try to stand on top and everyone’s hard work really paid off with a safe day in the mountains. Good work team and thanks to all the wonderful people back home for their support.

RMI Guide Jake Beren

High Camp on Aconcagua, 19,600 ft.  Photo: RMI Collection

Sign Up For Aconcagua 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Good Job Bill Dorn!!!

Posted by: Marshall Woodford on 1/6/2014 at 11:32 am

You guys are great. Thanks to the guides for getting everybody up there. Bill is coming home soon… I guess I have to start cleaning the house again.

Posted by: Norm Vork on 1/5/2014 at 6:51 pm

I’m in awe, Monica. Fantastic work! My thanks to Jake and the whole team for a safe and successful expedition. Can’t wait to hear the details when you get back.

Posted by: Elliot Marseille on 1/5/2014 at 3:24 pm

Bill Dorn - Congratulations from Rita, Carol and Bill in Florida !

Posted by: Carol Barnes on 1/5/2014 at 12:47 pm

Nice work Jake and team!  Jake- give G$ a hug and a kiss from me if you bump into him on the descent!  :)

Posted by: Amy Stevens on 1/5/2014 at 9:20 am

Hey Mike. Glad to hear everyone made it and the weather was on your side!  May that continue for the next summit…...I’m sure theirs a beer with your name on it waiting for you at the base Was an interesting climb to follow this time with a fellow Vashonite on the team….
Wendy