Mt. Everest: Hahn & Team Practice Glacier Travel on the Khumbu Glacier

Posted by: Dave Hahn, JJ Justman, Billy Nugent | April 07, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest

This is Dave Hahn calling from Mount Everest. We had a great day today. The team rigged up for glacier travel and we went out in the Khumbu Glacier close to base camp with our crampons and ice axes. We went exploring up and down pinnacles and ridges of ice and just had a good hike in the glacier for a couple hours today. A nice day in the morning. And then in the afternoon and evening, it got a little more cloudy and started to snow a little bit in the evening. Everybody is doing really well. Tomorrow we are hoping to go and work out on some ladders and some fixed ropes in the Icefall on the lower glacier. So a practice day tomorrow. All is well. All for now.

RMI Guide Dave Hahn

Touring the Khumbu close to Everest BC. Photo: RMI Collection

RMI Guide Dave Hahn calls in from Everest Base Camp.

Sign Up For Everest 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Spencer,

I miss you brother. I hope all is going well and you are safe and healthy. My beard is still growing strong and thick. Hurry back so I can shave it already! Have a great trip and every step counts! Can’t wait to see you and hear all about it.

Posted by: Danny on 4/9/2014 at 7:51 am

Nicole!!!! I miss you so much BUT I am so happy you are living out your dream and doing so well w the team!! Wednesdays are not the same without you! Xoxo thinking of you gf!!! Keep up the good work!!

Nicole

Posted by: Nicole on 4/8/2014 at 5:08 pm

Jeffery (JJ) - Glad to hear everyone is doing well, stay safe and healthy. What color is your pack? I want to make sure I spot you in photos - love you!
Your Sis Jodi

Posted by: Jodi Van Remortel on 4/8/2014 at 7:17 am

Fatima, glad to know that you’re up at base camp and getting a start with the glacier. I hope you all enjoy the challenges.
Peter

Posted by: Peter Williamson on 4/8/2014 at 2:42 am

Nicole - the previous “Uganda” comment was sent from me for my mom, I forgot to put your name! Hopefully you get it or she will be so mad at me, heehee!
Love u!
Your cuz

Posted by: Jennifer OHara on 4/7/2014 at 4:59 pm

Uganda be kidding me! ;) The photos and videos are amazing, you look great! Did you light the candle yet?
Love, Sandy

Posted by: Sandy Murray on 4/7/2014 at 2:51 pm

James & Team,
Training on glacier is impressive strategy in preparation of the summit. It is a learning experience to follow your update online. Stay well and safe… GO Team!!!
James, yesterday Peter, Susan, Audrey, and Jackson came for lunch. We missed you and folks in Murf. Love, SC

Posted by: Soonja Choo on 4/7/2014 at 2:46 pm

James & Team,
Training on glacier is impressive strategy in preparation of the summit. It is learning experience to follow your update online. Stay well and safe… Go team!!!
James, yesterday Peter, Susan, Audrey, and Jackson came for lunch. We missed you and the folks in Murf. Love, SC

Posted by: Soonja Choo on 4/7/2014 at 2:40 pm

Nicole Lobiondo - hope you had a great hike today. Sending you energy and love! Nicole Howard

Posted by: Nicole on 4/7/2014 at 1:49 pm

James;
We are glade to hear your scheduled activities are taking place at the base camp. I had lunch w/ Jerry D. today and he said something about your recent interview with a megazine and he said he will mail us a copy. Please be safe and enjoy what you are doing. BC

Posted by: bc on 4/7/2014 at 11:25 am

Nicole and team
Aunt Ginny and I are with you every day.  Dave is a super guide and the team is wonderful.  Follow your dream to the top.
Luv U