Mt. Everest: Dave Hahn and Team Enjoy Jungle Gym Training

Posted by: Dave Hahn, JJ Justman, Billy Nugent | April 08, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest

This is Dave Hahn, calling from Mt. Everest.  A great day for us today, our Sherpa team set up what we call a Jungle Gym, out in the glacier not far from Base Camp, a network of ladders and fixed ropes for us to practice on.  We made good use of that, we went out this morning for a session for a couple hours and then this afternoon as well.
It was a pretty nice day here at Base Camp.  We are excited because Mark Tucker made his return, our Base Camp Manager is home.
Everybody is doing really well we still basically have Base Camp to ourselves.  Most of the teams will be rolling in in the next few days, next week but today it was still pretty quiet and we were enjoying it.  All is good here and we will let you know what goes on tomorrow.

RMI Guide Dave Hahn

The sun setting on the peaks surrounding Everest Base Camp.  Photo: RMI Collection

RMI Guide Dave Hahn checks in from Everest Base Camp.

Sign Up For Everest 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Spencer   Uncle Larry and Aunt Dianne wishing you and your climb team all the luck in the world we follow you each day on the blog get home safe.

Posted by: Larry on 4/9/2014 at 9:46 am

Spencer!!

Hope you are destroying that little hill you call everest! Big Dan misses you. Good vibes are sent to you from all your family and friends back home. I know we all miss you! LA has been a tad bit quiet w/out you causing ruckus. I cannot believe I have 2 more months of growing this disgusting beard. You owe me!! My family says hi and they love/miss you and to come back home safe. Every step counts!!

Love little dan

Posted by: Danny on 4/9/2014 at 8:21 am

How can i reach to the rmi guides?

Posted by: Mehmet Donmez on 4/9/2014 at 6:31 am

Echoing Fred, at 66 I resemble his AARP comment to Larry, both of whom I know/admire as well as James + JJ. If you need snow padded down in 2015, call me and I’ll help you get to BC o-l-d buddy, after that you’re on you’re own - well in Dave’s capable hands. So enjoy foloing along on the adventure. Thx for taking time Dave to post. Waltero

Posted by: waltero glover on 4/9/2014 at 4:37 am

Nicole Lobiondo - rock those ladders and sounds like you are in great hands. Enjoy the breathtaking views and thinking of you all. Nicole Ho

Posted by: Nicole Howard on 4/9/2014 at 4:29 am

Just arrived in Kim david. See you in a couple weeks in EBC.

Posted by: Chris cosgriff on 4/8/2014 at 7:26 pm

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!
We need one of these at the beach club!!!!!
We wish for the best,good luck,hang in their!!!!!

Posted by: The Taddeo Clan on 4/8/2014 at 7:16 pm

Hey Dave, James, & JJ, Thanks for achieving the goal of reaching base camp. We feel the climb is going to be successful because you are super guides!!! We want to wish all of you a successful climb and especially the only other woman on the team, Kara. You are all going to the top!!!!! From the LoBiondo family….Dad. Paul, Chris, James & Erica. Love you Nicole, and miss you.

Posted by: ginny marasco on 4/8/2014 at 12:42 pm

Dave, I hope you don’t mind if I direct my message in another direction today ...

Since this is such a long expedition, let’s take a moment to turn our comments towards the support team of spectators (at least for this trip).

Larry (who I know and admire) ... I enjoyed your blog and want to assure you that you are invited and slated for next year’s RMI Everest climb.  Did you know the AARP asked Dave and this year’s team to pad down the snow to make it easier for those rare “out-of-the box” older guys to climb Everest next year?! Hang in there my friend.  Your time is around the corner. :)
Fred

Posted by: Fred Klingbeil on 4/8/2014 at 8:55 am

Dave, Fatima, James and now Jeff -

There’s now four of my Southern Hemisphere buddies over there.  I feel like you slipped off to a party and forgot to invite me!
I’m glad to hear that everyone made it to base camp in good shape but I’m sure some people arrived with some blisters on their feet.
-Larry Seaton