Mt. McKinley: Beren & Team Rest Day Day at 11K Camp

Posted by: Jake Beren, Leon Davis, Katie Bono | June 15, 2014

June 14, 2014 - 11:34 pm PT

Today our team enjoyed a well earned rest day here at 11 Camp. Over a leisurely breakfast we took some time and shared the blog responses. Everyone loved hearing from friends and family back home, thanks for the love everyone!

After breakfast we got down to the real business, napping and building an awesome snowman. All in all a productive day in the mountains. Tomorrow if the weather holds we’ll try and move to 14 Camp.

George would like to wish Elaine a Happy Birthday and Jessica a big congrats on her graduation. The team thanks them for letting us have him today.

“Hi umma, sarangtie, muattelatte.”

RMI Guide Jake Beren

An RMI team at 11,000' on Mt. McKinley. Photo: RMI Collection

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Jake, Leon, Dawn and Jared. Wish I was with the Raconcagua team. I miss those bagel, cream cheese and bacon breakfast sandwiches. Climb strong and good luck! Miss you guys. ,MAV

Posted by: MAV on 6/16/2014 at 8:00 am

Hey Jorge !!  I’m pulling for you. Climb hard and be even harder.
Stay calm and AlbariƱo on. Looking forward to hearing all the stories someday.

Posted by: Dan Singhisen on 6/16/2014 at 7:03 am

Chris,

Hope all going well mate. Stay safe out there and good luck with the ascent. I would have joined you but with the World Cup going on it created too much of a scheduling conflict :)

Cheers,

Matt

Posted by: Matt on 6/16/2014 at 6:40 am

Dawn!  Hope you and your team are having a good time up in the altitude.  Have a fantastic ascent and descent~!  And share those magic cookie bars!  XOXO from NYC.

See you when you get back!
Susie

Posted by: Susie on 6/16/2014 at 6:35 am

J-rashhh! Good luck and keep it going! You better be tracking those steps for Boeing on the move! I wanna compare numbers when you get back haha!

Posted by: James on 6/16/2014 at 5:16 am

George - Awesome, glad you are “moving up”; stay safe, enjoy every moment; glad the bar is being prepped.

Posted by: Vicki on 6/16/2014 at 4:38 am

Well done so far, old man. Happy birthday.

Posted by: Eric on 6/15/2014 at 10:25 pm

Jake

Hey buddy ! Thanks for the wheels ! All is well and she’s parked back in the same spot you left it for me, and all else same same…Cheers !

-JSJ

Posted by: Jayson Simons-Jones on 6/15/2014 at 7:58 pm

Hey George/Dad,
  Happy father’s day! I hope you’re making progress, and I hope you summit soon. I miss you a lot, and I can’t wait to see you. I will start prepping the bar for when you get back! Be safe.

Love Eric.

Posted by: Eric on 6/15/2014 at 4:42 pm

George, Happy Father’s Day to you and all the dads on your team! A big Thank you to all for the Birthday wishes and Grad. Congrats to Jessica! The ceremony was beautiful.  So happy to see that Mother Nature is being nice to you all… We will pray that she continues this way. You guys are doing great!

Posted by: Eliane on 6/15/2014 at 3:51 pm

Chris - This weekend I enjoyed the sun and it looks like you enjoyed the cold.Sounds like June is a good month for the both of us. Can’t wait to scream loud when you hit the summit. :-) see you soon! - Leah

Posted by: Leah on 6/15/2014 at 3:41 pm

Nice job everybody.  Good luck this week.
Happy Father’s Day/Birthday Pop! We’re rooting for you!

Love,
Adam/Kate

Posted by: Adam on 6/15/2014 at 3:21 pm

Chris, glad to hear you had a productive day (building a snowman) Hope the weather is good for the next level.
Stay safe and warm!  Love mom & dad

Posted by: Elizabeth Koerner on 6/15/2014 at 2:08 pm

Yaaay Chris! Have a great time and great climb!

Posted by: Katrina on 6/15/2014 at 11:29 am