Mt. Rainier: Four & Five Day Summit Climbs Reach the Summit!

Posted by: Casey Grom, Zeb Blais | June 16, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier

The Four Day Summit Climb Team led by Casey Grom and the Five Day Summit Climb Team led by Zeb Blais reached the summit of Mt. Rainier at 8:00 am PT.  The teams reported clear skies and good climbing conditions with some chilly temperatures.  They were able to enjoy some time on top today and began their descent around 9:20 am.  The teams will return to Camp Muir for a short break before continuing down to Paradise.  We look forward to seeing them at Rainier BaseCamp later today.

Congratulations to today’s Summit Climb Teams!

Comments

Congratulations to my brother Bob and his friends - you guys rocked it!

Posted by: Ed Sanborn on 7/4/2014 at 12:51 pm

I am so very very proud and excited for my brother Bob.

Posted by: Mary Sanborn on 6/17/2014 at 6:41 am

Congratulations Sactown Swimmers. So proud of you!
Ginny, Natalie, Courtney & Melia

Posted by: Ginny Dowd on 6/16/2014 at 8:34 pm

Great job boys!  We are very happy that you accomplished your mission.

Congrats!

Craig, Maral, Tommy and Matthew.

Posted by: The Hannenians on 6/16/2014 at 7:40 pm

Hooray Jessie and Jen! My niece and bro rocked that mountain!  So glad you wee able to summit. What an amazing accomplishment. Share photos soon!  Xoxo Sharon

Posted by: Sharon on 6/16/2014 at 6:16 pm

Wow abolsutely awesome you guys made it to the summit. Such a great accomplishment and experience. Congratulations Jessie, get home soon I really miss you!

Posted by: Nathaniel on 6/16/2014 at 4:22 pm

Congratulations to all that made this incredible journey!  Great job Bob!

Posted by: Joanne Lee on 6/16/2014 at 2:03 pm

Congrats Dad & Jessie!  Really cool you were able to summit.  See ya soon.  Tyler

Posted by: Tyler Williams on 6/16/2014 at 10:45 am

Congratulations Steve! I can’t wait too see your pictures.
Michael and I are so proud of you. You can do anything!

Love ya, Karin and Michael

Posted by: Karin on 6/16/2014 at 9:47 am

Wow, Jessie how AWESOME! What an accomplishment and to experience this with your dad is a wonderful memory you will always have and quite a bonding experience. Nate has lived vicarioulsly through your amazing trek and we can’t wait to see the pics.

Posted by: The Bates family on 6/16/2014 at 9:44 am

Jessie, you are truly amazing and words cannot describe how proud I am of you!  I love you, Mom.

Ken, 2nd times a charm, I’m so glad you were able to summit!! I can’t wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!  I’ll have the Chateau Montelena ready for you!  Love, Lisa

Can’t wait to see you both!!!!!!

Posted by: Lisa Williams on 6/16/2014 at 9:22 am

Great job Bob! Can’t wait to celebrate Father’s Day when you get home.
Love you,
Sharon, Kyle, and Kyra

Posted by: Sharon, Kyle, and Kyra on 6/16/2014 at 9:12 am

Congratulations Darryl!! We are so proud of you!!
Good job Dad!
Love you,
Carrie and Terry

Posted by: Carrie Johnson on 6/16/2014 at 9:04 am

Congratulations Jesse and Ken! I’m so proud of you both!!  So happy you’re able to Summit!  Celebration is in order when you get home

Love, Lisa