Growing up in Seattle, Lance developed a sense of adventure on family fishing trips to Alaska and British Columbia in pursuit of trophy Chinook salmon. While his parents fished, Lance learned to walk and a few years later he clicked into his first pair of skis and has felt comfortable in the mountains ever since. Skis quickly turned to crampons and ice tools with the Cascades as his stomping grounds.
Numerous local climbs in the Northwest, many with his intrepid Dad, gave him the experience to tackle bigger objectives throughout North America. With two Denali expeditions under his belt, Lance dreams of future expeditions to the great ranges of the world. Currently Lance studies at the University of Washington while constantly plotting, planning and training to live his next dream. Lance loves being in the mountains and meeting new people and helping them achieve their own dreams.
- 9 ascents of 5 different routes on Mount Rainier
- Unconfirmed youngest ski descent of Rainier’s Edmunds Headwall at 19 years old
- 2 Denali Expeditions with one summit at the age of 17
- El Pico de Orizaba, Mexico
- Ice climbing experience in Washington, British Columbia, Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming
- Sport and Trad climbs from Joshua tree, California to Index, Washington
- Numerous ascents in Washington, Oregon, and California
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level I
- Leave No Trace Trainer