Nate began climbing as soon as he got his drivers license, summiting Rainier for the first time soon after at age 16. Soon he was pursuing his passion for alpine climbing in ranges outside of the Cascades, including the Central Alaska Range, the Canadian Rockies, and the US Rockies. When not climbing or guiding he attends university in Bozeman, MT where he studies exercise science and pre-med. Nate’s favorite aspect of guiding is teaching others the skills and mindsets that are necessary to access the mountains in a safe and enjoyable way.
- N Ridge of Mt Stuart in a day
- First ascents of alpine routes in the Beartooth mountains.
- 3 expeditions to the Central Alaska Range.
- Rock, ice, and mixed climbing in Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Utah, and Canada.
- Sw Ridge of Mt Francis, AK
- Mini Moonflower Couloir, AK
- Cirque or the Towers Traverse in a day.
- Ski descents in Montana, Washington, Canada, and Alaska.
- Wilderness first responder
- Avalanche level 1
- LNT trainer