Nevin grew up mountaineering and skiing with friends in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. With a growing passion for adventure, Nevin joined the Marines and served in a special operations capable unit as a Recon Marine/Scout Sniper. He found adventure both on and off duty: skydiving, traveling, photography, underwater diving, and climbing filled his life. In 2015 Nevin left the military to pursue a career as a mountain guide.
Nevin earned a degree in Journalism and Media Communication with a minor in Economics at Colorado State University. While in school he volunteered to lead trips for the non-profit Veterans Expedition. When he is not guiding, Nevin is climbing, photographing, and traveling.
- Multiple ascents of Mt. Rainier (14,410’).
- Mt. Logan expedition (19,551’).
- Glacier Peak (10,541').
- Baker (10,781').
- North Cascades: West Ridge Forbidden Peak and Eldorado Peak.
- Rock Climbing: Yosemite National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Red Rock, Vedawoo, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Ice Climbing: Rocky Mountain National Park, Ouray, and Vail, Colorado.
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Level II Avalanche Course
- Leave no Trace Trainer