Ross grew up in central Washington, where he started skiing at the age of three. Growing up he enjoyed spending time with family and friends in the Cascades. He worked for seven years as a wildland firefighter on a hotshot crew and spent the last two seasons smokejumping in the North Cascades. Ross currently calls the Methow Valley in Northern Washington home.
When not working, he is generally on a pair of skis or exploring the Cascades by foot. Ross also enjoys riding mountain bikes, cooking, and trail running.
- Ski descents throughout Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Canada, and Kyrgyzstan
- Alpine climbing in the North Cascades
- Rock climbing in Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Oregon, and Colorado
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level II
- American Avalanche Institute Professional Level 1
- Leave No Trace Trainer