Stephen grew up in Rhode Island, taking hiking trips with family and friends in the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. It was in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, during a college summer job as an Outdoor Trip Leader, that Stephen discovered his passion for climbing, skiing, and guiding. After college, and a brief stint playing professional ice hockey, Stephen moved west to Ketchum, Idaho to pursue a career in the mountains.
Stephen currently spends the winters working for the Sun Valley Ski Patrol and skiing and climbing as much as possible during his time off.
- Mt. Hood, OR, Ski descent from the summit
- Mt. Adams, WA, Ski descent from the summit
- Mt. St. Helens, WA, Ski descent from summit
- Hyndman Peak, ID, Winter ski descent from summit
- Rock climbing experience in Red Rocks Nevada, Idaho, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine
- Ski touring experience in Washington, Oregon, Idaho (Pioneer Mountains, Boulder Mountains, Sawtooth Mountains)
- AIARE Level II Avalanche
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
- Wilderness EMT
- Wilderness First Responder
- Outdoor Emergency Care
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course