Joe grew up in Snoqualmie, WA in the foothills of the Cascades. He learned to ski in world-famous cascade concrete and Washington sunshine (rain). Skiing took him all over the mountains of the western US, and eventually to the Andes, where he spent five consecutive South American winters. He has also spent time in the Alps, where he’s done multiple hut based ski trips.
Ski mountaineering in the Cascades and Alps exposed Joe to large, glaciated mountains and sparked a passion for farther, harder, and more questionable mountain objectives. Joe has extensive experience ski mountaineering, alpine climbing, and bushwhacking in the North Cascades and the volcanoes of the Pacific Northwest. He’s excited and committed to showing people the mountains he loves, and the freedom, beauty, and joy he finds there.
- 12+ summits of Mt. Rainier via 3 routes
- 3 Mt. Baker ski summits and descents via 3 routes
- 3 Mt. Adams ski summits and descents
- 1 ski summit and descent of Little Tahoma
- 1 summit of Mt. Hood via the Cooper Spur and ski descent of the NE Face
- 2 ski summits and descents of Eldorado Peak, North Cascades
- Multiple ski descents and alpine climbs in the North Cascades
- Multiple hut based ski trips in the Alps
- Skiing and climbing in the Andes
- AIARE Level 1 Instructor
- AIARE Level 2 Avalanche
- Wilderness First Responder
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course Completion