Growing up amongst the San Juan mountains of Southwest Colorado, Ben quickly found his biggest passion was snowboarding. The steep, technical terrain at Telluride Ski Resort allowed Ben to master the art of the descent. It wasn't until college when he realized that more climbing skills could open more things to snowboard down, beyond the chairlifts and resort boundaries. A whole new world was unlocked for Ben, and now his obsession has shifted to mountaineering; the ascent, the summit, and the descent.
Ben recently earned a degree in Recreation and Outdoor Education with an emphasis in Leadership from Western Colorado University. Ben guides peak hikes, rock climbing, ice climbing and raft trips around Crested Butte Colorado, as well as coaches Western Colorado University's Freeride Snowboard Team in the winter months.
- Multiple summits of Colorado 14'ers
- Various ice climbs in Colorado
- Split-boarding descents across Colorado
- Rock climbing across Colorado, Utah, Montana and Oregon
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level II
- Leave No Trace Master Educator