Sam grew up in Keene, New Hampshire where he developed a love for the outdoors at a young age. His early experiences in backpacking, snowboarding and climbing in the White Mountains inspired him to venture into larger mountains. Sam currently attends the University of Utah where he is pursuing a degree in Outdoor Recreation and Environmental Sustainability. At the U, he works as a Trip Leader for Outdoor Adventures, a program focused on introducing students to various forms of human-powered recreation. Through this work, Sam has developed a passion for facilitating outdoor experiences for others. He feels strongly that outdoor experiences promote self-efficacy, purpose, and compassion. Sam also is a passionate Cribbage player, and one day hopes to play a perfect 29-point hand.
- Splitboard descent of The Skillet, Mount Moran
- Splitboard descents of Utah’s Fifty Classics
- Rock climbing in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, New Hampshire, and California.
- Ski mountaineering in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming
- Various canyoneering descents in Southern Utah including Po, Imlay, and Heaps Canyons
- Winter ascents of Mount Washington, New Hampshire
- Ice climbs throughout Utah and New Hampshire
- Wilderness First Responder
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
- High Angle Rope Rescue Technician
- AIARE Avalanche Level 1
- AIARE Avalanche Level 2