Born and raised on the Maine coast in the small town of Yarmouth, Sam grew up sea kayaking, hiking, and skiing during his childhood. After high school, he moved out West to attend the University of Utah and fell in love with the high alpine terrain of the Wasatch Mountains. Since the move, Sam has shifted his focus into Backcountry Skiing and Alpine Climbing objectives throughout the West and enjoys any day spent above treeline.
Sam spends the off season in Salt Lake City, Utah as a ski tech at a local consignment shop and can be found out in the Wasatch Ice Climbing, Skiing, or Rock Climbing as much as possible.
- Kautz to DC Carryover on Mount Rainier
- 4 Ascents of the Grand Teton (Upper Exum & Owen Spalding) and a Ski Descent of the Ford Stettner
- North Face on Mount Borah
- Numerous Ski Descents in the Wasatch, Tetons, Ruby and White Mountains
- Numerous Alpine Ice and Rock Climbs in the Wasatch including Lone Peak Cirque
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Avalanche Association Pro 1 Certificate
- Leave No Trace Master Educator