Tom was born and raised in Seattle, Washington and grew up hiking, skiing and climbing in the Cascade Range. He graduated from the University of Washington with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, but recently switched career paths to work doing the thing that he loves: being out in the mountains. He enjoys alpine climbing, technical ski descents (in moderation) and long days bagging off-the-beaten-path peaks.
When he’s not climbing, Tom enjoys reading, volunteering and playing Chess!
- Multiple ascents and ski descents of all 5 Washington Volcanoes
- Ascents of the complete north ridge on Mt. Stuart as well as Liberty Crack and the Direct East Buttress in the Liberty Bell Group
- Various Rock and ice climbs throughout Washington, Colorado and Montana
- Wilderness EMT
- AIARE Recreational Level II
- Leave No Trace Master Ecucator