Tatum grew up in South Lake Tahoe with the Sierra Nevada as her outdoor playground. In the winter she spent her time ski racing and later became a freeride competitor. She moved to Bozeman, MT to study Neuroscience and Kinesiology at Montana State University. Tatum now spends her winters ski patrolling at Big Sky Resort, backcountry skiing, and ice climbing. In the summer you can find her on the river, rock climbing, trail running, mountain biking, skiing and mountaineering. Tatum decided to pursue a career as a mountain guide in hopes of instilling a love and appreciation of the mountains with others.
- Multiple Ski descents in the Northern Rockies, Sierra, Tetons, and Canadian Rockies
- Alpine/rock climbing ascents in the Cascades, Sierra, Tetons, and Northern Rockies
- Current holder of the women’s fastest known time on Granite Peak, MT
- Member of Gallatin County Search and Rescue
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Pro 1 Avalanche Course
- Leave No Trace Master