Casey became captivated by climbing in 1993, which led to his escape from the corn and cows of Ohio. He worked for numerous years on a square-rigged wooden sailboat where he learned "the ropes". He spent the next few years honing his skill climbing rock and ice throughout much of the U.S. and in 2000 he started his guiding career at Rainier Mountaineering Inc. (RMI). He has since then guided all over the world. Casey takes pride in being a well-rounded climber, which has led him from the ice routes in Canada to the rock climbs of Yosemite.
He is currently a Senior Guide with RMI and has over 260 ascents of Mount Rainier via several routes. While in the winter he can be found guiding in Tanzania or South America (Argentina, Ecuador, and Mexico) as well as, ice climbing and skate skiing in Colorado.
- 260+ summits of Mount Rainier (14,410')
- 3 expeditions on Denali (20,320')
- 5 Summits of Mt. Everest, South Col (29,035')
- Mt. Blackburn in the St. Elias Range (16,860')
- Mt. Shuksan (9,122'), Mt. Adams (12,276;), Mt. Olympus (7,076')
- Mt. Hood (11,239') and other peaks in the North Cascades
- 4 expeditions to Aconcagua in Argentina (22,832')
- Over 20 expeditions to Ecuador: Chimborazo (20,703'), Cotopaxi (19,348'), Cayambe (18,997'), Iliniza Sur (17,268'), Iliniza Norte (16,818') and Ruminahui (15,000'+)
- Orizaba in Mexico (18,900')
- 20+ summits of Mount Elbrus, Russia (18,510')
- 24+ summits of Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (19,340')
- Wilderness First Responder
- Northwest Avalanche Institute Avalanche Level II
- High Angle Rescue Course with Conterra Technical Systems, Inc.
- Leave No Trace Trainer