Joey grew up in West Yellowstone and Bozeman, Montana exploring the mountains skiing, biking, hunting, and snowmobiling. After finishing highschool he moved to Salt Lake City, Utah where he studied at Westminster College. After college Joey continued his drive to be in the mountains by finding a career where he could do what he loves, being outside and showing the mountains to other people.
In the fall and winter Joey works as a Backcountry Ski Guide, Avalanche Instructor, and Outdoor Educator. When not working he is skiing pow, wandering the forests and deserts, or cooking something good in the kitchen.
- Pfeifferhorn (11,331’) summit and ski descent via NW Couloir
- Mt Tukuhnikivatz (12,482’) with ski descent
- Granite Peak (12,807’)
- 5 Years Ski Mountaineering in the Wasatch and Uinta Ranges, UT
- Numerous multi-day backcountry expeditions in Montana, Colorado, and Utah.
- Professional 1 Avalanche Course
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Pro Avalanche Search And Rescue Course
- Leave No Trace Master Educator