Growing up nordic ski racing and free skiing in Hood River, Oregon hooked Leif on the mountains. The desire for bigger objectives pushed him to learn more and become a well-rounded skier and mountaineer.
Leif attended several universities before graduating from the University of Savoie Mont Blanc in France with a degree in outdoor sports design. Leif is an active member of the Hood River Crag Rats, one of the oldest mountain rescue teams in the United States. Many of his fellow members were his climbing mentors growing up. One with particular influence was also an RMI guide.
When not in the mountains, Leif enjoys spending time on the water in the Columbia Gorge or at the Oregon Coast.
- Mt. Rainier, Washington (14,410') | 30+ summits via 4 different routes
- Mt. Hood, Oregon (11,249') | 25+ summits and ski descents via more than 10 different routes
- Denali, Alaska (20,310') | 3 Expeditions on the West Buttress and ski descent via Orient Express, Messner Couloir and other ski lines
- Mt Adams, Washington (12,281') | Multiple summits and ski descents via various routes
- Mt Baker, Washington (10,786') | Multiple summits via 2 different routes
- Several climbs in the North Cascades iuncluding summits of Shuksan, Liberty Bell, South Early Winter Spire, Cutthroat Peak
- Various ski mountaineering lines and climbs in the Wasatch Range
- Various ski mountaineering lines and alpine climbs in France, Italy, Switzerland, and Austria
- AMGA Apprentice Alpine Guide
- AMGA Assistant Ski Guide
- AAI Pro 1 Avalanche
- AIARE Rec Level 2 Avalanche
- Wilderness First Responder/CPR
- Leave No Trace Master Educator