Nikki grew up spending her winters alpine ski racing throughout the hills of Michigan, and escaping on family ski vacations to the Rocky Mountains. After high school she moved out west where she landed a job as a Trip Leader at Universities Outdoor Recreation Center. She began shifting her focus from alpine ski racing to backcountry skiing, mountaineering, and climbing as a way to explore the mountains while finishing up her Civil Engineering degree.
Nikki has spent winters all over the west working as an avalanche professional. She currently spends the off season in Salt Lake City, Utah, where she can be found mountain biking, skiing, ice climbing and cooking while working as an Avalanche Forecaster for the Utah Avalanche Center.
- 40+ summits of Mount Rainier (14,410') via 4 different routes
- 3 expeditions of Denali (20,310'), Alaska with one summit
- Additional Alaska expeditions: Chugach Range, Thompson Pass, Hatcher Pass, Bomber Traerse, multiple traverses on the Juneau Icefield
- Mt. Shuksan (9,131') via Fisher Chimneys and Sulphide Glacier
- Mt. Baker (10,781') via 3 different routes, including ski descents
- Ski descents of Mount Superior (11,132'), Utah
- Ski descents in Utah, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, and Alaska
- Ski expedition throughout the Troll Peninsula, Iceland
- Rock and ice climbing throughout Montana, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Alaska, and Canada
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Avalanche Institute Professional Level II
- American Avalanche Association Professional Member
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- Leave No Trace Trainer