Nikki grew up spending her winters alpine ski racing throughout the hills of Michigan, and escaping on family ski vacations to the Rocky Mountains. After high school she moved out west where she landed a job as a Trip Leader at Universities Outdoor Recreation Center. She began shifting her focus from alpine ski racing to backcountry skiing, mountaineering, and climbing as a way to explore the mountains while finishing up her Civil Engineering degree.
Nikki has spent winters all over the west working as an avalanche professional. She currently spends the off season in Salt Lake City, Utah, where she can be found mountain biking, skiing, ice climbing and cooking while working as an Avalanche Forecaster for the Utah Avalanche Center.
- Multiple summits of Mount Rainier, Washington
- 2 expeditions of Denali, Alaska
- Ski descents in Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, and Alaska
- Rock climbing throughout Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Alaska, Canada and Michigan
- Multiple Ice Climbing routes throughout Hyalite Canyon, Montana
- Traverses throughout the Juneau Icefield, Alaska
- Ski touring throughout Iceland
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Avalanche Institute Professional Level II
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- Leave No Trace Trainer