Pete Van Deventer
Pete is a senior guide with RMI. He began guiding for RMI Expeditions in 2008, and guides full seasons in Alaska, Washington, and internationally. Pete lives in Aspen, Colorado, where he guides, teaches avalanche courses, and is a ski instructor.
He grew up at the base of Mt. Mansfield in Vermont. A competitive nordic skier, Pete has spent much of the rest of his time hiking, climbing, and backcountry skiing through the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. He has traveled throughout Europe, while living in Norway and France.
Pete graduated Dartmouth College with a degree in Environmental Studies.
- 75+ ascents of Mt. Rainier via 5 routes
- 8 expeditions to Denali
- 5 expeditions to Aconcagua, Argentina
- 2 expedition to the Northside of Mt. Elbrus, Russia
- 2012 Sail and Ski expedition to the Lofoten Islands, Norway
- Ski mountaineering descents in France, Switzerland, Colorado, and Utah, and a traverse of the Haute Route, Chamonix, France to Zermatt, Switzerland
- Rock climbs across the Western US, New England, and Norway
- Wilderness First Responder
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level I
- AAIRE Avalanche Level II
- AMGA Ski Guide Course
- AIARE Level I Avalanche Instructor
- American Avalanche Association professional member
- PSIA Full Cert Ski Instructor