Brent began guiding on Mt. Rainier in 1986. As a Senior Guide and Supervisor he has over 550 successful ascents of Rainier. In 1991 he reached the summit of Mt. Everest via the North Ridge (Mallory’s 1924 route). Ten years later he revisited Everest as part of the 2001 Mallory-Irvine Search Expedition.
Brent annually leads RMI guided expeditions to Denali, where he has summited a remarkable 23 straight times in 24 expeditions. He has also guided extensively throughout the Alps of Switzerland, France and Italy, as well as Mexico, Antarctica and Alaska.
In the winter Brent spends his time at Crystal Mountain, a ski resort on the north side of Mt. Rainier, where he is the Assistant Patrol Director. Brent is a member of the Whittaker Mountaineering guide team. View Brent Okita's gear suggestions on the Whittaker Mountaineering website.
- Mt. Rainier, Washington (14,410') | 587+ summits
- Denali, Alaska (20,310') | 24 expeditions and 23 consecutive summits
- Mt. Everest, Nepal (29,032') | 2 expeditions, succesful summit in 1991
- French, Swiss and Italian Alps (Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Monte Rosa, Jungfrau) | 14 expeditions
- Wrangell-St. Elias Range, Alaska (18,008') | 2 expeditions
- Mt. Vinson, Antarctica (16,050') | 1 expedition
- Mexico Volcanoes (Pico de Orizaba (18,491'), Ixtaccihuatl (17,343')) | 2 expeditions
- Kilimanjaro, Afria (19,341') | Several expeditions
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Outdoor Emergency Care Instructor
- Basic Life Support Instructor
- Northwest Avalanche Institute Avalanche Level II
- U.S. National Avalanche School Phase II
- Leave No Trace Trainer