Bryan grew up outside of Boston and explored the White Mountains of New Hampshire through backpacking, skiing, climbing and mountain biking. Each summer was spent working with youth summer programs and eventually leading university courses. After graduating from the University of New Hampshire Outdoor Education program in 2010 he moved to Golden, Colorado, and worked at the Colorado School of Mines Outdoor Recreation Center as Program Coordinator. Bryan was quickly pulled to Crested Butte after his first visit and has made his home there since 2011 playing in the mountains daily on his skis or bike.
When not guiding, Bryan enjoys ski mountaineering and endurance mountain bike races, spending time on the beach and playing with his Australian Shepherd.
- First climbed Mount Rainier (14,410’) at age 16 via Disappointment Cleaver
- 25 ascents of Mount Rainier via Dissappointment Cleaver and Emmons Glacier routes
- Mexico: Pico de Orizaba (18,490')
- Ski descents of summits in the West Elk and Elk Mountain Range (outside Crested Butte, Colorado)
- Rock and ice climbing instruction in the Northeast and Colorado
- Extended backpacking trips in Alaska, Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Switzerland, Spanish Pyrenees and the Northeast
- Annually competes in the Grand Traverse, a 40-mile ski mountaineering race from Crested Butte to Aspen
- Wilderness First Responder
- Avalanche Level II
- Leave No Trace Trainer