Born in the heart of the Swiss Alps, Caroline was immersed in mountain culture from the time she was born. Every holiday with her family was spent traveling the world, using climbing as a way to discover new places and cultures. Upon graduating from law school, Caroline took a sabbatical to compete in the Ice Climbing World cup and travel to Nepal, before returning to law. But her passion for climbing soon took over and she traded in her lawyer's outfit for one of crampons and ice axes.
As a professional athlete, Caroline travels the world in search of striking lines to climb while exploring new cultures and horizons. Recently, she put up new routes in Norway, Iceland, Ethiopia and Canada. She also competes yearly in the Ouray Ice Festival. Caroline is an athlete for Petzl, Scarpa, Julbo and First Ascent, where she works developing great products for the mountains.
Caroline has volunteered her time and knowledge to the Khumbu Climbing School, instructing Sherpas how to be safer in the mountains. She also attends events to teach clinics and share her technical knowledge with others.
Caroline is a full time guide. She shares her time between guiding in Europe, in Salt Lake City, in Ouray and in the Cascades, together with her husband Adam George. She just completed her full IFMGA / AMGA certification, one of seven women in the US to be fully certified in ski, alpine and rock.
- Ski descent of the Fuhrer Finger on Mount Rainier
- First American Woman to climb the 3 North Faces of the Alps: Eiger and Matterhorn in winter, Walker Spur on Grandes Jorasses in summer
- 10 new ice routes in 8 days with three other women in Canada's remote Icefall Brooke (WI5-M12)
- First ascents on ice in Canada: The Shadow, 300m, WI6+, M6+R; Jacob's Ladder, WI6
- First ascents in Norway
- First ascents on ice in Iceland: Allota Vagina, WI4+; Perseverence, WI4+
- First ascents on rock in wild and remote Ethiopia
- Winter ascent of the North Face of Les Droites in Chamonix
- Summer ascent of the Freney Pillar on the South Face of Mont Blanc
- 3rd at the Ouray Ice Festival in 2007 and 2009
- 2nd at the Bozeman Ice Festival in 2008
- IFMGA/UIAGM Certified Guide
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Level III
- AMGA Certified Alpine Guide
- AMGA Certified Rock Guide
- AMGA Certified Ski Guide
- Leave No Trace Trainer