Charlie grew up in the sprawling metropolis of Etna, NH where he first clicked into skis in his backyard at age 2. This pivotal moment led him to relentless pursuit of an alpine ski racing career, which he chased over the next two decades. Throughout that journey, Charlie developed a deep passion for mountainous terrain and the variety of ways to move through it, whether that was on skis, bicycles, crampons, or trail runners, and most of all when the experiences were shared with others. After wrapping up his undergraduate degree and competitive ski career, Charlie headed West and started digging into these sports more than ever. Guiding became a serious professional interest early on in his process of discovery. Currently, he spends his winters in Bozeman, MT where he hones his ice climbing skills and is constantly on the hunt for new skiable terrain. In his world outside mountaineering, you can find Charlie on board his Transition Patrol, absorbing theoretical texts, or scrambling to go see his newest favorite metal band in concert.
- Grand Teton, Granite Peak, and other noteworthy summits in Montana, Wyoming, and Washington
- Rock, Alpine, and Ski route across the Intermountain U.S., the Northwest, & New England
- AAI Professional Level 1 Avalanche
- Wilderness First Responder
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- LNT Master Educator