Kilimanjaro: Seth & Team Nearing Karanga Valley Camp

Posted by: Seth Waterfall | August 05, 2012
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Kilimanjaro

Hi everyone we are on top of the Barranco Wall.  The team is good aside from a few stomach issues.  We’ll get a nice long rest this afternoon at Karanga Valley.  Wish us luck.

RMI Guide Seth Waterfall

An RMI Team at the Barranco Wall. Photo: Seth Waterfall Karanga Valley, Kilimanjaro. Photo: Jeff Martin Karanga Camp on Kilimanjaro (14,500 ft).  Photo: Seth Waterfall

Sign Up For Kilimanjaro 2012 Email Alerts

Comments

Tom, Bob and Eddie - you know that Jim Citrano is referring to your mother’s genetics! But it is also a tribute to your determination and training.  Hopefullly, you and your colleagues all make it to the top.  Everyone below is rooting for all of you.

Dad

Posted by: Thomas Leonard on 8/6/2012 at 6:29 am

I love checking in on what you are doing with this blog! Amazing!! Quite inspirational! I hope you are enjoying every second of it…and I hope your stomach isn’t one of the issues. Keep on kicking ass Tamara!!!
XO
ALICIA

Posted by: Alicia Schwartz on 8/6/2012 at 4:36 am

Dear Orly,

Hope your stomach is OK.  You’re usually the family member with the iron stomach.  We’re thinking about you from Cypress Point with Jonathan and Leslie.  Can’t wait to hear you’ve reached the summit.

Love,

Mom and Dad

Posted by: Ann Friedman on 8/5/2012 at 9:16 pm

Daddy i miss you.  Be safe.  love sasha

Posted by: sasha on 8/5/2012 at 8:48 pm

Hi Jerry, hi Tamara ......Hope your not the stomach issue!,,,,,keep enjoying ... looks like the weather is on your side.
Xoxo Lynn :)

Posted by: Lynn on 8/5/2012 at 2:25 pm

Wow, 15000 ft and still climbing….Two or Three days to the crest..Keep climbing, up where the air is clear, and enjoy the view….We’re cheering for you…..

Posted by: Hal and Mary Hayes on 8/5/2012 at 2:11 pm

From Christi:
Ranger Bob,
You are such an inspiration!  I wish I could be up there with you…sign me up for the next hike!  Can’t wait for more updates:-)  Love you, Christi

From Cal and Michael.
“Daddy, I lost my tooth”.  From Michael.  “Daddy, all is good here.  I am helping Mommy.  I miss you.  Cal

Keep up the great work!  We are so proud of all of you!
Love,
Kara

Posted by: Kara Leonard on 8/5/2012 at 12:16 pm

Go Eddie, Bob and Tom! Training and genetics pay off!

Posted by: Jim Citrano on 8/5/2012 at 10:11 am