×

Log In

Or

Register With Us

    • *required fields


      The password must meet the following criteria:

      • At least 8 characters
      • At least 1 lowercase letter
      • At least 1 uppercase letter
      • At least 1 number
      • At least 1 symbol (allowed symbols: !?@#$%^&/*()[]{}><,.+-=;)
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.

×
×

Check Availability

RMI Logo

Entries By nikki champion


Mt. Rainier: Summit Climb Update from Mike King

RMI Guide Mike King called this morning at 7:06 a.m.  The Mt. Rainier Summit Climb team turned at Ingraham Flats due to difficult route conditions.  The teams are planning to begin their descent from Camp Muir between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.

Leave a Comment For the Team (2)

Beautiful picture! Hope to go there in a few weeks and praying for good weather.

Posted by: Joseph Huang on 8/31/2021 at 10:09 pm

Proud of you team! Great effort!

Posted by: Rachel Zimmerman on 8/30/2021 at 7:49 am


Mt. Rainier: August 7th Teams Turn at 13,200’

The Four Day Climb led by RMI Guides Dave Hahn and Nikki Champion climbed into a cloud cap with rain and wind, this forced the team turned at 13,200' on Mt. Rainier. Despite turning before the summit due to weather, the sunrise at the top of the cleaver was very rewarding!

The team is back at Camp Muir and will be descending soon. 

Congratulations Team!

Leave a Comment For the Team (2)

Howard and howie so amazing and your awesome. Get back down safely

Posted by: Favorite sister and Jim on 8/7/2021 at 10:32 am

Congratulations to all the climbers!

Posted by: Katie on 8/7/2021 at 9:57 am


Mt. Baker: Team Turns Due to Weather

The Women's Mt. Baker Climb, led by RMI Guide Nikki Champion, aborted their climb at 8,900' this morning due to rain and high winds.  The team is currently on their descent back to camp where they will break camp and head to the trailhead.

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

Jessie is a champion climber.

Posted by: Batman on 8/1/2021 at 12:38 pm


Mt. Baker: Champion, Davis & Team Summit via Easton Glacier

The Mt. Baker Easton Glacier crew for July 26 - 29 reached the summit this morning led by RMI Guides Nikki Champion and Alan Davis.  The team gathered at the trail head on Monday and spent the last few days on the mountain learning glacier travel skills.  Today they put their training to work and were rewarded with 100% of the team reaching the top.  They will spend tonight back at camp and walk out to the trail head tomorrow, concluding their program.

Nice work team!

Leave a Comment For the Team

Mt. Rainier: Four Day Climb Reaches Summit

The Four Day Climb July 20 - 23 reached the 14,410' summit of Mt. Rainier led by RMI Guides Christina Dale and Nikki Champion.  Blue skies but chilly temps and winds around 20 mph accompanied them on their climb.  After enjoying the views from the summit of Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens and the Cascade range, the teams began their descent from the crater rim around 6:45 am.  Once they reach Camp Muir they will repack and continue their descent to Paradise (5,400').

Nice work climbers and congratulations!

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

Fantastic climb and amazing guides! So happy to be a part of this journey.

Posted by: Brandon Holper on 7/24/2021 at 8:10 am


Denali Expedition: Walter & Team Have a Weather Window for Descent

Wednesday, July 7, 2021 - 3:24 pm PT

The winds are calm and it's snowing lightly at Denali 14K Camp. Our plan is to pack up camp this afternoon and journey down into the thicker clouds, hopefully making it to Basecamp sometime in the middle of the night. We're not overly optimistic that we'll be able to fly tomorrow...the pilots at K2 Aviation tell us that this weather is supposed to stick around until Saturday. If all goes well we'll at least be in position to fly off the glacier if a clearing presents itself.

We'll let you know how it goes.

RMI Guide Mike Walter

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

Brad,

Looking forward to you getting back and hearing about your adventure.

Your friends at Modern.

Posted by: Dave Brown on 7/8/2021 at 11:14 am


Denali Expedition: Walter & Team Remain at 14,000 Camp

Tuesday, July 6, 2021 - 1:00 pm PT

There's not much new to report today. We're still at 14,000' Camp, waiting for an opportunity to head downhill to the airstrip. Unfortunately we're also still in a snow globe. Apparently it's totally socked in all the way to Talkeetna, with rain in town, so all of the planes are grounded a well. We've got plenty of food and fuel, and we're warm and dry in our camp. The forecast is grim, but we're not desperate, and we'll patiently await a change in the weather.

RMI Guide Mike Walter

Leave a Comment For the Team

Denali Expedition: Walter & Team Sitting Tight at 14,000ft Camp

Monday, July 5, 2021 - 1:05 pm PT

We're still hanging at 14,000' Camp, amid snow, wind, and very limited visibility. We're hoping for a little break in the weather so that we can pack up camp and head down around Windy Corner and start our descent. The weather isn't having any of that, though. At this point we're comfy and safe at camp and there's no reason to force a descent into terrible weather. As eager as we are to get to Kahiltna Base Camp, it is not a pressing matter because planes cannot fly (much less land on the glacier) in this weather.

We'll keep you posted on our predicament.

RMI Guide Mike Walter

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

Thinking about you Aaron!!! I love you! Love, sissy

Posted by: Emilee on 7/6/2021 at 2:44 pm


Denali Expedition: Walter & Team Retrieve Cache, Likely Will Begin Descent

Sunday, July 4, 2021 - 10:09 pm PT

The weather has not been cooperating with us lately, and the forecast doesn't look good either. Today was the best day in the forecast period and there were still strong winds up high and a huge lenticular cloud on the summit all day. We took advantage of the "best day" to climb up to 16,400' and retrieve our cache; there's a good chance that we would not be able to retrieve it over the next few days. Tomorrow is day 19 of our trip, and our time is running out. With no potential summit day in the foreseeable future we will likely start our descent tomorrow morning. The weather will determine our descent strategy and timing.

RMI Guide Mike Walter

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

Hello to all and special one to Daryl, prayers to all for a one day out of there without any unstable stuff. Tomorrow maybe only 2 or 3 cm of snow, am following you all safely to the bottom. Stop the snow dance.

Posted by: Pat Everett on 7/7/2021 at 10:17 am


Denali Expedition: Walter and Team Wait Out the Weather

Saturday, July 3, 2021 - 1:04 pm PT

We are stationary once again, waiting for any sign in the weather forecast that would indicate a potential good-weather window to move up to high camp and get in place for a summit bid. Today is overcast above us with light wind in camp, but we can still hear the wind up high. It's hard to complain about R & R time, but we're certainly ready for some weather that's more conducive for climbing.

We will check in again soon.

RMI Guide Mike Walter & Team

Leave a Comment For the Team (1)

How are you d ? We miss you ❤️

You kin,
The Arnolds

Posted by: Richard Arnold on 7/4/2021 at 6:32 pm

Next Page
Filter By:

Sign up for Expedition Dispatches

check the Summit Registry try our Adventure Finder
Back to Top

Sign up for our Newsletter

    *required fields
    • Keep up to date with information about our latest climbs by joining our mailing list. Sign up and we'll keep you informed about new adventures, special offers, competitions, and news.
      privacy policy

Thank you for subscribing to the RMI Expeditions Newsletter!

While you're at it, you can sign up some of our other mailings as well:

Please choose the programs you'd like updates on: