Everest Base Camp Trek: Tucker and Team Check in from Gorak Shep

Posted by: Mark Tucker | March 30, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Everest BC Trek

Mark Tucker checking in today from Gorak Shep, at about 17,000’ feet. We had a nice hike today with the wonderful weather holding on for us - feeling lucky! We pushed on after we had lunch and got the summit of Kala Patar just over 18,000’ feet, right around sunset. The big “E” popped it’s top out a couple of times, beautiful colors with an alpine glow, windy, and cold. I am standing outside right now and it is chilly up here!  I am looking at about 500 million stars, just a beautiful night aside from cold.

Everybody is tucked in and we are going to get up and rock-n-roll for Base Camp tomorrow. That’s the plan, hope it all holds true.

All the best to everybody and we will be keeping you posted!

RMI Guide Mark Tucker & Team

Hiking to Kala Patar. RMI Photo Collection

Mark Tucker Checking in from Gorak Shep

Sign Up For Everest BC Trek 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Wonderful progress you’ve made.  I hope you are treasuring every moment and can’t wait to hear all about it first hand from Nancy Harris.  Have safe travels and thank you for sharing your experience with us through your posts.

Posted by: Maria Eichelberger on 3/31/2014 at 4:53 am

Hello Elizabeth Harris, Hope you are having an amazing time!
We are thinking of you!
stay warm & happy journey.
The Tamboli Family, Tampa

Posted by: Anahita on 3/31/2014 at 3:06 am

Hey Nicole…. Thinking of you and imagining all the beauty you must be surrounded by! I hope you’re taking in all the moments!!  Quite the experience you are having my dear…miss you! So proud of you!! Xoxo
Nicole

Posted by: Nicole Carlucci on 3/30/2014 at 7:57 pm

Go go go Grandpa Yenkey!!! We are so psyched for you and the team to make this trek. Pete is jazzed to see you in big moutains. Thank you, Mark & Casey, for the photos and posts and for taking great care of our guys. Lots of love and cheers from Chicago!

Posted by: Lynn, Chris, and Pete on 3/30/2014 at 6:06 pm

Hey Nancy! So proud of you for what you’ve accomplished! So impressed with everyone!

Love,

Laura

Posted by: Laura Shepard on 3/30/2014 at 5:09 pm

Hello from warm,sunny,Tampa. A special hello to Nancy from me, Mom and Dell.  I am sitting here with them sharing the blog entries and the SPECTACULAR pictures.  Cant believe you are actually seeing them with your own eyes! What an experience. Mom says:“Awesome, I can’t wait to tell my bridge group”. They are both doing well.
We are so impressed by you and your groups accomplishment of getting to the elevation you are at. We are also inspired by the courage and tenacity to even choose this adventure as a goal. Stay warm and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Jill