Mt. Rainier: June 19th Summit!

Posted by: Mike Haugen, Mark Falender, Solveig Waterfall | June 19, 2012
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Mount Rainier
Elevation: Summit

Our Four Day Summit Climb Teams led by Mark Falender and Solveig Waterfall reached the summit of Mt. Rainier today.  The teams reported light winds, few clouds, and very pleasant weather with the sun peaking through every now and then.  The teams are now en route back to RMI Basecamp in Ashford.

Mike Haugen and the Expedition Skills Seminar team also reached the summit of Mt. Rainier via the Kautz Route and reported similar conditions. They are headed back to their high camp at 10,800’ feet and will finish their week of training on the mountain and return to RMI Basecamp tomorrow afternoon.

Congratulations to today’s teams!

Four Day Summit Climb Team in the Crater June 19, 2012. Photo Solveig Waterfall

Comments

I was part of the 4 day summit climb on June 19 with Mark & Solveig.  What a magical day it was and I feel extremely privileged to have been part of it. Thank you guys so very much for your guidance, expertise and support.  This has truly been one of the greatest challenges of my life and I will cherish it for a long time to come.  I have taken so much away from this experience - the challenges that this mountain presents, especially the Cleaver, had me digging deeper than I ever had to attain success.  Mark, Solveig, Sean, Geoff and Levi - you guys are all rock stars!!  RMI can and should be very proud of you.  I was sad to see the program end.  Hopefully, I will link up again with Mark for a climb up Grand Teton!

Thank you again very much!
Ben Elliott

Posted by: Ben Elliott on 6/21/2012 at 1:19 am

Hey Hans .......  GREAT JOB.  Blue sky’s 365 !!!  Gotta love it.  xoxo Love and hugs greta

Posted by: greta hardwick on 6/20/2012 at 8:18 pm

hurrah for my son Hans.  Can’t wait til you get back to the camp

Posted by: elizabeth on 6/20/2012 at 5:39 am

Hans-
Congratulations on reaching the summit.  I can’t wait to hear about it when you get back.  I am so proud of you.

Posted by: elizabetg on 6/19/2012 at 5:18 pm

Danik, Lena and Igor,
Congratulations. We are proud of you all and happy that you’ll be back soon and safe!

Posted by: Gregory and Lyudmila Gittsovich on 6/19/2012 at 4:52 pm

Yay!! Congratulations everyone and safe travels back to base camp. We are so proud and can’t wait to see you Liam. We love you!

Posted by: O'Connors on 6/19/2012 at 3:18 pm

Amazing!  So proud of you all.  Can’t wait to hear the details.

Posted by: Cheryl Smith on 6/19/2012 at 2:20 pm

Congrats, Hans, your first summit! Can’t wait to hear all about it. Love from the Shumways!

Posted by: Kirsten on 6/19/2012 at 1:44 pm

TEAM BAMA, Stellar Climb!  You have inspired me and I rejoice in the conquering of the summit and glory you must feel!  Way to persevere!  I cannot wait to relive the summit with you through pictures and video!  AWESOME!!

Posted by: Kristen Fowler on 6/19/2012 at 1:04 pm

Praise the Lord!  I am so happy for my strong husband and the rest of the team who braved the rough conditions to see another one of God’s great beauties.  Addison, Asher and I miss Ahsley so much and look forward to seeing him home on Thursday!  What a great experience!  Thank you to RMI for doing a great job keeping my husband and friends safe.

Posted by: Sarah Freeman on 6/19/2012 at 1:03 pm

Great job guys!!! We are so proud of you all!!

Posted by: Meredith Martin on 6/19/2012 at 1:01 pm

Way to go Muscle Shoals Alabama boys!!!

Posted by: Belinda Fowler on 6/19/2012 at 12:53 pm