Mt. McKinley: Knoff & Team Beat Feet to Basecamp

Posted by: Adam Knoff, Mike Uchal, Zeb Blais | July 07, 2012

Adam Knoff called into the office just before 6PM.  With a storm expected, the team was hoping to make it to basecamp in order to fly off in front of the storm. The weather didn’t quite hold and it began to snow in the last hour upon reaching basecamp.  The team’s plan to unwind in Talkeetna has been thwarted until further notice.

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2012 Email Alerts

Comments

Adam and team, was glad to read the posting that you were down to base camp.  Sorry your summit hopes didn’t work out this time.  Thanks for blogging and helping your mom not worry so much :).  Hope to see or hear from you soon Adam.  I hope you got out today?  Love Kris

Posted by: Kris Bowditch on 7/9/2012 at 7:17 pm

Nels,
I know you are probably pissed about your current situation, but I can’t wait for you to be back on the grid! I miss you and I have so much to tell you! Stay safe and keep writing.
xoxo EB

Posted by: Erica on 7/8/2012 at 5:40 pm

Nelson - can’t wait for you to be home. It sounded like an adventure. It will be the first of many I am sure. Keep your spirits up.
Love, Mom

Posted by: Jennifer on 7/8/2012 at 5:28 pm

I’m impressed with the leader to have made a good decision for the team. The weather is fierce up there and another day will come. Climbing to 17,200 feet was a great climb and being forced to return because of bad conditions makes sense. See you soon, Tim.  Dad

Posted by: Bob McLaughlin on 7/8/2012 at 3:44 pm

Nelson, sorry about the delay at base, but your team deserves one hell of a party at Talkeetna.  Great climb and team, no love from the Mother Nature on weather.  Go kick the shit out of a big one next summer!

Love dad.

Posted by: Bill on 7/8/2012 at 1:22 pm

D.G.
Waiting and watching for more news.  Many stories to come out of this adventure for sure.  Can’t wait to hear them all.  A long time in such cold temps and snow.
Love you be safe
Mom

Posted by: Caroline on 7/8/2012 at 12:47 pm

Hey Nelson, tough break about that weather bro.  I was hoping to catch you guys in Talkeetna but I left a bit early it seems.  Keep your head up, and we’ll revenge climb the crap outta something huge next summer.  We aren’t done yet.

Posted by: Kyle Pratt on 7/8/2012 at 12:11 pm

a most successful climb in th best sense of the word.  You will be making it home with all in tact.  Keep us posted on the plans.  Can’t wait to se you, babe, and wrap my arms around you!  Can’t wait to hear your voice.  Be strong!

Can’t wait for pictures and stories!
Always and Forever,