Mt. Shuksan: Schellens & Team Continue Training in the North Cascades

Posted by: Geoff Schellens | August 28, 2013
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *North Cascades

Hi All,
Well, Jim, Joy, and I were hoping to climb Shuksan today but the weather once again thwarted our summit attempt. It rained hard all through the night and intermittently this morning.  We had a nice breakfast between showers and then hopped back in tents for the better part of the morning.  We emerged from our tents around 10:30 to find threatening clouds bearing down on us but as it was not raining at that moment we decided to do some more training.  That has become our motto on this seminar, “Let’s do some training until it starts raining”.  After going through crevasse rescue practice and a lunch break the weather kept holding for us so we got in some great ice climbing and fixed line training. During dinner we watched as the clouds appeared to be breaking up and patches of blue sky made their way towards us.  Tonight we are all sleeping with fingers crossed that we get our chance to climb tomorrow. That’s all for now.  Thanks for checking in.

RMI Guide Geoff Schellens

327 views

Comments

FLOS3 sends best wishes and we hope the rain stops!

From (also rainy) Boonton, NJ, elevation 397 Feet :)

Posted by: Stef + Trish on 8/29/2013 at 4:45 am

Rain, rain go away…. Glad to hear there are breaks and you have been able to train.
The summit is calling down everyone’s name, so positive thinking that Thursday is the day to get up there!

Posted by: Jann on 8/28/2013 at 9:26 pm

Leave a comment for the team


* required fields