Aconcagua: Justman & Team Return to High Camp from Summit

Posted by: JJ Justman | February 18, 2014
Categories: *Expedition Dispatches *Aconcagua

Hello -
We are back safely at high camp (19,600’) on Aconcagua. We had a long day up and down and everyone needs some food and hot drinks to recover. The day started cold then turned hot and now it is back to cold with blowing snow. We need a break!
We will spend the night here and tomorrow begin heading down hill.

Hasta manana,
RMI Guide JJ Justman

Look down on Base Camp while en route to the summit of Aconcagua.  Photo: RMI Collection

Sign Up For Aconcagua 2014 Email Alerts

Comments

Way to go all y’all! Frank and all your new best friends. Be warm, be safe.
Fred T

Posted by: Fred T on 2/19/2014 at 7:52 am

Congratulations to all!

Posted by: Marsha on 2/19/2014 at 5:02 am

FRANK!!!! Congratulations!!!! It’s TIM, I was surfing the web and stumbled on to this ACONCAGUA expedition blog then remembered, you were climbing Aconcagua right now! So at least I think this is you?  I’ll tell Dusty and the other Tim you made it, and if you don’t know who Dusty and the other Tim is, then I guess I got the wrong frank, I’m talking to a complete stranger, and you think I’m nuts, but thats ok because if I got the wrong Frank then i don’t care what you think cuz i don’t know you, but come on how many franks could be climbing Aconcagua right now?  So when, no if you read this. I hope it made you laugh, even if you’re the wrong Frank, and Congratulations. You just climbed ACONCAGUA!!!
Sincerely Hope This is the Right Frank
-Tim

PS- I’m trying to plan a climb of the north face of Mt.Rainier, in early summer, along Liberty Ridge. You want to come?

Posted by: Timothy Endsley on 2/19/2014 at 1:43 am

Rich! You definitely worked for your dinner tonight, huh?  Enjoy the rest I am sure you are beat!  Looks beautiful up there…Love you! Susie

Posted by: Susie on 2/18/2014 at 9:24 pm

Frank, so proud of you. Sounds like you are with a great team. See you soon Love you. Moose

Posted by: Bet Hurdle on 2/18/2014 at 7:41 pm

Ken McKenna (Dad),
Congratulations on submitting! I hope that you had a lot of fun and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. I know that you have also taken a lot of awesome pictures that you will show us back at home. I miss you so much! Have Fun!
Love, your firstborn son,