Chad grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. From an early age, he found himself wandering the woods of northern Illinois, but he knew the mountains were his calling. After a stint in the army, Chad followed that calling by climbing and skiing the mountains of the west.
Chad soon found that passing on his knowledge of climbing to others made him happiest. There is nothing quite like seeing the joy of others in the mountains. He has pursued a career instructing and guiding climbing, mountaineering, and skiing since his departure from the military.
- Multiple ascents of Mount Rainier via Gibralter Ledges, Kautz Glacier, Disappointment Cleaver and Ingraham direct routes
- Rock climbing throughout Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Nevada, Kentucky and British Columbia, CA.
- Various ascents of mountains in the North Cascades including El Dorado Peak and Silver Star Mountain
- Ski Descents of Mount Baker, Mount St Helens and throughout Washington
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level I
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
- AMGA Rock Guide Course
- Leave No Trace Trainer