Jeff made his first climb of Mt. Rainier at the age of 14 and knew then that he wanted to be an RMI guide. He returned to the mountain the following summer and participated in a Camp Muir Seminar, but it wasn't until he graduated from the University of Washington in 1992 that he began guiding for Rainier Mountaineering, Inc. Since then Jeff has guided around the globe always looking for a warm getaway during the wet and snowy Washington winters.
In 2001, Jeff became the Operations Manager for RMI, overseeing the day to day operations of the company. While his current position requires more time in the office than on the mountain he has still managed to log a ton of frequent flier miles and has participated in over thirty-five international expeditions. Jeff enjoys spending his summer days trail running and his winter days climbing in the southern hemisphere.
- 3 Expeditions to Denali, Alaska
- 64 Summits of Mt. Rainier
- 19 Climbs of Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- 3 Climbs of Pico de Orizaba, Mexico
- 2 Climbs of Ixtachiuatl, Mexico
- 5 Expeditions to Aconcagua, Argentina
- 1 Expedition to Mercerdario, Argentina
- 5 Expeditions to Mt. Elbrus (North Side), Russia
- The Dolomites of Italy and Austria
- Huayna Potosi and Illimani, Bolivia
- Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. Shasta, Mt. Baker, Glacier Peak
- Northwest Avalanche Institute Avalanche Level I
- Leave No Trace Trainer