JT was born in central Colorado where he first learned to ski and climb at a young age, and started laying the foundation for his future career in the mountains. After high school he migrated north to Montana where he attended Montana State University in Bozeman and studied Physical Geography. While studying in Bozeman JT continued to foster his knowledge and skills of ski mountaineering, rock/ice climbing and mountaineering. JT now splits his time between Washington and Montana, guiding for RMI and ski patrolling in Montana. Apart from outdoor pursuits JT loves playing music, traveling and spending time with family.
- 5 summits of Mt. Rainier, Washington
- Pacific North West: Sahale via Sahale Arm
- Cordillera Blanca Peru: Toclaraju 19,619 ft, Yannapacha, Peru 17,913 ft, Pisco Oeste, Peru 18,871 ft Urus, Peru 17,782 ft
- Ecuador: Chimborazo 20,564 ft, Imbabura
- Colorado Rockies: 24 Fourteeners, multiple ski descents in the Gore and Sawatch Ranges. Alpine rock routes in the San Juan and Sawatch mountains.
- Montana: Ski descents in Absaroka, Beartooth, Gallatin, Bridger and Tobacco Root Ranges. Alpine rock ascents in the Gallatin Range. Many ice routes in Hyalite and Pine Creek Canyons
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Avalanche Awareness Level I
- Leave No Trace Trainer