Tyler is a native of the Northwest and has an extensive background in the mountains. He was born in New Zealand and spent his first year living on a sailboat. He grew up in Port Townsend, WA with the Olympic Mountains in his backyard and first climbed Rainier when he was 18.
He’s guided in the Northwest, Alaska and internationally for RMI. He also works as a ski guide and avalanche course instructor in Colorado’s San Juan Mountains, and a ski and mountaineering guide in the Alaska Range and Wrangell-St Elias National Park. When not in the mountains he enjoys surfing and listening to reggae music.
- Mount Rainier (14,410'), many ascents via 7 different routes, including winter ascents and ski descents
- 2 expeditions on Denali (20,320')
- 1 summit of Mt. Everest, Nepal, (29,035') via the Northside
- Aconcagua (22,841'), Argentina
- Pico de Orizaba & Ixtacciuhuatl, Mexico
- Ski mountaineering in the Alaska Range, Chugach, Canadian Rockies, and the Northwest
- Alpine climbs in New Zealand, British Columbia, Alaska, and the Northwest
- Wilderness First Responder
- AIARE Avalanche Level III
- AIARE Qualified Avalanche Course Instructor
- American Avalanche Association Professional Member
- AMGA Certified Ski Mountaineering Guide
- Leave No Trace Trainer