Mt. McKinley: Beren & Team Ready to Move

Posted by: Elias de Andres Martos | June 18, 2012

Today we purposely awoke early for our carry to the top of the headwall. Our intentions to provide the team with the flavor of the frigid temperatures of Denali in anticipation of what a summit day will feel like, were embraced by every team member. Four hours later we dug our cache atop the fixed lines and returned in a speedy mode to our camp at Genet Basin  to enjoy ourselves practicing our favorite sports of “eating and napping”. Everybody is excited for our move tomorrow to 17 camp and the upcoming launching. Regards!

RMI Guide Elias de Andres Martos

Sign Up For Mount McKinley 2012 Email Alerts

Comments

Fingers still crossed, for good weather conditions and an extra bit of good luck for your team. Crispi, Pass auf dich auf, und wenn du ganz oben stehst, dann schau und genieße für uns mit. Küsschen, SF.

Posted by: Susann and Frank on 6/20/2012 at 1:12 pm

Ross and K, Getting closer.  An expert guide one time told me that mountain climbing is a lot about chillin so if you need to sit near the top it can be tough but know your about vertical 17000 ft and four thousand miles closer than any of us writing you.

I had one hell of a couple of weeks and have continually thought about the mountains.  I wish I was able to make the trip with you guys but as I said I collided with fate here, I needed to be here.

Can’t wait to hear more from you guys and the progress.

Dave

Carla- Kanitta lost her phone a while back and now we only have Ross’ cell number.  Call us :0)

Posted by: dave kolar on 6/19/2012 at 8:56 pm

Elías, keep going!! I am looking forward to hear that you and the team has arrived to the summit! But do not be In a hurry, just do it safetly!
Greetings from Tizneros!

Posted by: Jorge de Andres on 6/19/2012 at 2:49 pm

To Crispi: ganz eInfach liebste Grüße und alles erdenkliche Gute aus dem kühlen, aber eben nicht ganz so kalten Hamburg. Crispi, erinnerst du dich an unsere gemeinsamen Nächte, wie du mich gewärmt hast bei nächtlicher Plauderei? Ein bisschen dieser Wärme würde ich dir gern zurückgeben, auf diesem schriftlichen Weg… Klappt’s? Küsschen, Tropf

Posted by: Susann on 6/19/2012 at 12:55 pm

Eric, as you are climbing to the frigid temperatures at the summit, just know that it is 95 degrees today in South Bend—-that should keep you warm. Have a safe trip to the 17K camp and beyond. Claire has asked me to wish her godfather a belated happy fathers day.

Posted by: Zach Schafer on 6/19/2012 at 11:24 am

Bob - sorry to hear John had to leave the mtn.  Hope you reach the summit soon.  Have a safe climb!  Charlie

Posted by: Charlie Buden on 6/19/2012 at 10:46 am

Keep your mental game on….time to be smart and alert!! Bob, some man at court yard asked me how you were doing?  I guess he has worked out with you.  Praying for the whole team.

Kathy

Posted by: Kathy Spinks on 6/19/2012 at 8:59 am

Heh Ross my mitten man, my spirit is soaring on the mountain with you. Love and good vibrations to the Team.

Posted by: Carla Bustos on 6/19/2012 at 8:58 am

DR.K, SHAY SAYS RUN LIKE A GAZELLE.
DONT STOP SHORT OF THE SUMMIT EVEN IF IT MEANS AMPUTATION—DR.AFFLECK
I HOPE YOU HAVE MADE IT FARTHER THAN LAST YEAR!! BE SAFE WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOUR SAFE RETURN TO PARADISE!!—BRANDY
HOMER IS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU!!! WINK WINK!!!

Posted by: HEART CREW on 6/19/2012 at 7:17 am

So excited, jealous, happy for you!!!  Battle on!  :)  -cs

Posted by: courtney on 6/19/2012 at 5:51 am

So exciting to be so close! Stay warm , maybe after this Tony Crumley will want to cruise to a beach????

Posted by: Jill crumley on 6/19/2012 at 2:37 am

Bob, the team is making great progress, keep it up you are doing great!  Stay warm at 17 camp, and have a safe trip to the summit and back.  Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Posted by: John Spinks on 6/19/2012 at 1:56 am

Buon ginorno Eric,  Have been following your journey our entire time in Italy posting some blogs but not sure that you got them so I am trying again. We have been to a lot of churches over here so there have been a lot of prayers said for good weather and a safe trip.  Can’t wait to hear all about it. Stay warm.  Amore from Mom and Dad

Posted by: Tom and Kathy Schafer on 6/18/2012 at 10:41 pm